Nikon D3X Digital SLR Camera, 24.5MP, 3" Screen, Body Only
The Nikon D3X redefines high-resolution DSLR photography, whether you shoot in the studio or out on location. The 24.5 megapixel FX format CMOS sensor delivers image files with outstanding levels of detail and tonal gradation, while boasting an ISO range of 100 to 1600.
Its durable Kevlar/carbon fibre-composite shutter and EXPEED image processing engine enable it to shoot at up to 5 fps (7 fps in DX Crop mode). The advanced Scene Recognition System delivers superior exposures and supports Nikon’s own 51-point AF system, which offers broad coverage and individually selectable points.
Selectable Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing, saving time in post-production. The high definition 3-inch LCD monitor supports two Live View modes plus an HDMI video output. Protected by a tough, environmentally-sealed magnesium alloy body.
- Load with an extreme resolution 24.5-megapixel FX-format (35.9 x 24.0mm) CMOS sensor. Large 5.94µm pixels capture astonishing detail and subtleties with outstanding dynamic range for demanding commercial applications.
- 138 MB Processed NEF (RAW) 12 or 14 bit image files. Selectable bit depths of 12-bit (4,096 tones) or 14-bit (16,384 tones), both yielding incredible image quality through a 16-bit processing pipeline, for smoother tonal gradations.
- Two Live View modes add flexibility, and up to 27x magnification in the Tripod Mode, acute focusing accuracy is easily confirmed.
- AF system features 4 Dynamic AF modes, including 3D Focus Tracking, for autofocus precision and razor sharpness.
- A 3-inch super-density 921,000-dot VGA LCD monitor with individual factory calibration assures the colour accuracy of each D3X monitor for critical image review.
- Four preset options: Standard, Neutral, Vivid and Monochrome, and 9 customizable settings provide advanced, personalised colour control.
- EXPEED extends and assures breathtakingly rich image fidelity and reduces noise, even at high ISOs.
- Low noise ISO sensitivity from 100 to 1600, plus added ISO settings of Lo-1 (ISO 50 equivalent), Hi-1 (ISO 3200 equivalent) and Hi-2 (ISO 6400 equivalent) extend versatility.
- Commercial image quality teams with 5 fps speed and handling to create new shooting possibilities—in the studio or on location.
- 1,005-Pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition SystemTwo exclusive technologies provide intelligent auto exposure capabilities, along with refined auto white balance detection and faster, more accurate AF performance.
- Dual CF card slots with overflow, backup and copy options.
- Up to 4400 images per battery charge.
- 100% viewfinder coverage.
- Virtual horizon graphic indicator.
- Includes: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL4a, Quick Charger MH-22, USB Cable UC-E4, Audio Video Cable EG-D2, Camera Strap AN-D3X, Body Cap BF-1A, Accessory Shoe Cover BS-2, Eyepiece DK-17, Battery Chamber Cover BL-4, USB Cable Clip, Software Suite CD-ROM.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 4,400 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB 2.0, AV out, HDMI mini
- H157 x W159.5 x D87.5mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash modes
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Manufacturer's Guarantee
- 2 year
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL4a/EL4, Quick Charger MH-22/MH-21
- Screen size
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.