Nikon D4 Digital SLR Camera, HD 720p, 16.2MP, 3.2" Screen, Body Only
Nikon’s flagship D4 DSLR camera offers a powerful combination of up to 11 fps, a 16.2 megapixel FX-format sensor and exceptionally high ISO for truly professional range. D-movie also delivers all the flexibility you need for broadcast quality video. The Kevlar/carbon fibre-composite shutter unit boasts a standard life cycle rating of 400,000 releases.
Combine all that with cutting-edge metering and AF systems, intelligently designed controls, an ultra-rugged body and multiple connectivity options, and the D4 is ready to take on the most challenging assignments.
- A carefully selected FX-format 16.2 megapixel CMOS sensor is paired with Nikon’s powerful EXPEED3 image processor for stunning stills. A 91,000-Pixel RGB 3D Colour Matrix Metering III partners with Nikon’s Advanced SRS to deliver unmatched accuracy in every frame. Add a faster, more responsive 51-point AF system to the mix and the D4 keeps pace with any task.
- The sensor’s 7.3-micron pixels collect maximum light to produce stunning images and video across the D4’s broad ISO range of 100 to 12800 (expandable down to 50 and up to 204,800). Expect the highest image quality in bright and dark shooting.
- The Advanced Scene Recognition System applies face detection during optical viewfinder shooting. It achieves highly accurate control of auto functions such as AF, AE and auto white balance utilising face detection information and detailed scene analysis. It also contributes to the performance of 3D-tracking with finer subject acquisition.
- It is possible to record 30p HD and HD movies in three formats: FX-, DX-based and crop movie format. Switch the format according to your creative intentions for a feel tailored to the situation.
- Adjust AF and AF Area modes without moving your eye from the viewfinder. Quickly select AF points with a new joystick style sub-selector - positioned for both horizontal and vertical shooting. In low-light, all operation buttons and dials are beautifully backlit.
- Two media card slots (CF and XQD) offer flexibility and control, while built-in wired LAN and the optional WT-5A Wireless Transmitter (available separately) enable secure, high-speed file transmission as well as remote camera functionality.
- A 3.2-inch, 921,000-dot LCD includes an ambient brightness sensor for maximum visibility and crisp playback, menu adjustment and Live View shooting. Quickly enlarge images and videos up to 46x for spot focus confirmation—crucial for high-resolution shooting.
- Quickly access six preset picture control options - Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Landscape and Portrait - and up to nine customisable settings with a single button.
- Includes: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL18, Battery Charger MH-26, USB Cable UC-E15, Camera Strap AN-DC7, Body Cap BF-1B, Accessory Shoe Cover BS-2, Eyepiece DK-17, Battery Chamber Cover BL-6, USB Cable Clip, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Audio Capability
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 2,600 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Connection Type
- HDMI (Type C) output, USB 2.0, Ethernet, Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5-mm diameter; plug-in power supported), Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5-mm, output), 10 pin remote terminal, peripherla connecter
- H156.5 x W160 x D90.5mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash modes
- HD Video
- Image Stabilisation
- Manufacturer's Guarantee
- 1 year
- Maximum ISO Information International Standards Organisation, is used to measure a cameras sensitivity to light; higher being more sensitive.
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- CF and XQD
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Li-ion Battery EN-EL18 battery
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Shooting Modes Information Special settings for particular shooting scenarios e.g Portrait, Night Portrait, Landscape etc.
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video capability Information Record moving images
- 720p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.