Nikon D5200 Digital SLR Camera, HD 1080p, 24.1MP, 3" Screen, Body Only
Powerful, professional results with the versatility of interchangeable lenses from Nikon. The D5200 is more than a full size DSLR, it’s also a Full HD camcorder with an advanced image processor to let you shoot sharper and faster than ever.
Tough and ergonomically designed, it sits solidly in the hand for confident image capture in any situation. It also features a suite of built-in functions like scene selection, movie modes and high speed shooting so you’ll always be ready to capture those special moments.
- D-Movie lets you record Full HD movie clips and capture the action in superb quality day or night. Nikon’s advanced EXPEED 3 image processing engine maximizes the performance of the CMOS sensor for amazingly clear images with vivid colours.
- A 24.1 megapixel image sensor enables you to capture amazingly detailed images and produce sharp enlargements.
- High ISO 25600 sensitivity and continuous high speed shooting significantly reduces the risk of blurred images when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light.
- Live View with Scene Auto Selector makes it easy to compose images using the vari-angle LCD monitor. Scene Auto Selector will select the best mode for the scene and subject you want to capture. It boasts easily selectable AF modes, including Face Priority AF that detects and tracks faces within the frame, while razor-sharp auto focus offers fast coverage across the frame.
- Five fps continuous shooting enables you to capture fast-moving action it crisp, blur-free detail.
- Incredibly lightweight for an SLR, the D5200 makes it easy to capture your family looking wonderful wherever you go.
- The bright 3-inch vari-angle screen lets you capture unique shots from any angle. Boasts a side opening mechanism that makes it easy to shoot self-portraits or use a tripod.
- Special effects mode lets you shoot distinctive still images and movies using a special effect. Offers a range of effects, including colour sketch, miniature effect, night vision and selective colour that lets you emphasise colours of your choice and turns the rest of the image to monochrome.
- Scene Modes automatically adjust camera settings, including picture controls and active D-Lighting, to take the guesswork out of tricky photo situations and deliver optimal results. Simply turn the mode dial to access the most commonly used modes.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 500 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- HDMI (Type C) output, USB 2.0
- H98 x W129 x D78mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash modes
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Manufacturer's Guarantee
- 1 year
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Li-ion EN-EL14 battery
- Screen size
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 505g (body only)
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
262 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow