Nikon D5200 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR II Lens, HD 1080p, 24.1MP, 3" Screen
The Nikon D5200 DSLR is ideal for the photography enthusiast who wants to push their skills. This 24.1 megapixel camera has Canon’s EXPEED 3 processor at its heart that powers faster shooting. Along with the wide ISO and CMOS sensor, your images will shine in all conditions. Advanced autofocus cuts down on blur during fast moving action and Full HD video is just a button-push away.
The D5200 employs newly developed Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor with 24.1 effective megapixels. This camera’s wide ISO sensitivity range is from ISO 100 to 6400, expandable to Hi 1 (ISO 12800 equivalent) and Hi 2 (ISO 25600 equivalent). The camera reduces noise effectively even at high ISO sensitivity setting while maintaining definition as much as possible to deliver sharp images.
18-55mm VR II lens
This versatile lens handles anything from wide angle to mid range telephoto and portrait shooting. VR II vibration reduction also cuts down on blur and distortion at all ranges for clear, crisp results.
This camera features an Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus sensor, the same as that used in the D7000. With high density 39 point focusing, the whole subject area is covered even when capturing fast-moving situations like sports.
Live view shooting
See how your shots will look before you take them. The large 3-inch movable vari-angle LCD monitor offers 100% frame coverage when you want to compose your image.
16 scene modes
Take the hassle out of getting the right settings. Five frequently used Scene Modes such as Portrait and Landscape can be directly selected using the mode dial. For other modes, it’s as easy as setting the mode dial.
Full HD video
There are times when you need more than just a picture. The D5200’s dedicated movie record button puts 1080p video recording at your fingertips. You can also edit your videos in-camera without the need for a computer.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- EN-EL14 rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover), MH-24 battery charger, AN-DC3 strap, UC-E17 USB cable, EG-CP16 audio/video cable, DK-5 eyepiece cap, BS-1 accessory shoe cover, DK-20 rubber eyecup, BF-1B body cap, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM, User's Manual
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 200 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB, HDMI mini, Accessory terminal, stereo mini pin jack
- Continuous Shooting Speed
- H78 x W98 x D129mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Face Detection
- File Formats
- RAW, JPEG, NEF (RAW) + JPEG
- Via optional adapter
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture
- Lens Size
- Lens Type
- AF-S and AF-I lenses (VR II)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Self Timer
- Sensor Size
- 23.5 x 15.6mm (24.71 million pixels)
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Auto modes (auto; auto (flash off)); programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M); scene modes (portrait; landscape; child; sports; close up; night portrait; night landscape; party/indoor; b
- Shutter Speeds
- 1/4000 - 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV; Bulb; Time (requires optional ML-L3 remote control)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread
- Type of Battery
- EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Optical (95% horizontal and 95% vertical coverage)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
336 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow