Nikon D5300 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens, HD 1080p, 24.2MP, Wi-Fi, 3.2" Screen
1 bundle available - Save up to £31.98
Powerful, professional results with the versatility of interchangeable lenses from Nikon. The D5300 is more than a full size DSLR, it’s also a Full HD camcorder with an advanced image processor to let you shoot sharper and faster than ever. Tough and ergonomically designed, it sits solidly in the hand for confident shooting in any situation. It also features a suite of built-in functions like scene selection, movie modes and high speed shooting so you’ll always be ready to capture those special moments.
Nikon makes outstanding image quality possible with a newly developed Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor and the new EXPEED 4 image-processing engine for shooting at up to 5fps.
Your pictures are ready to send immediately to smart devices for sharing on sites like Facebook. Remote shooting also lets you release the shutter from a distance, while your smart device can operate like a remote live view monitor to confirm the image before you take the snap.
Full HD video
The D5300 also doubles as a high-performance video camera capable of Full HD D-Movies at 1920 x 1080. With 50/60p capture you get smooth, fluid recording, even with fast-moving subjects.
39 point autofocus
More focus points quickly and sharply capture action, even when your subject isn't in the centre of the frame. The D5300 offers wide-area AF coverage and high-density focus points including 9 cross-type sensor in the canter area, helping you to get everything looking as sharp as possible.
Enhance your pictures and movies with nine easy-to-use effects, including HDR Painting and Toy Camera. You can even check how the effect looks in real time before you shoot.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- EN-EL14 rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover), MH-24 battery charger, AN-DC3 strap, UC-E17 USB cable, EG-CP16 audio/video cable, DK-5 eyepiece cap, BS-1 accessory shoe cover, DK-20 rubber eyecup, BF-1B body cap, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM, User's Manual
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 500 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- HDMI (Type C) output, USB 2.0, stereo mini-pin jack (3.5-mm diameter), accessory shoe
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H7.8 x W9.8 x D12.9cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- RAW, JPEG, NEF (RAW) + JPEG
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 23.5 x 15.6mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1/4000 - 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV; Bulb; Time (requires optional ML-L3 remote control)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Type of Battery
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Saturday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Saturday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.