Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera, HD 1080p, 36.3MP, 3.2” LCD Screen, Black, Body Only
Product informationPlease note: to activate your FREE 2 year guarantee register at the Nikon website or by telephoning 0800 408 5060 within 30 days of purchase. This camera does not come with a memory card. View all SD memory cards (opens in a new window)
Nikon’s compact D800 DSLR camera offers amazing image capturing power with ergonomic design and rugged construction. Whether in the studio or out and about, the D800 delivers professional results time after time.
Please note: Lens not included.
- The D800 features Nikon's original FX-format CMOS image sensor offering 36.3 megapixels for detailed shots that look terrific, even when enlarged. It also incorporates EXPEED 3 image processing for subtler tones.
- It offers superior picture quality and enhanced low-light performance through a wide ISO sensitivity range ofISO 100 to 6400. ISO-equivalents 25,600 and 50 are also available.
- Never miss a moment again. The D800 has a continuous shooting speed of up to 4 frames per second in FX/5 mode.
- Stills are great, but sometime you need to tell the whole story. 1080p Full HD video capture gives you broadcast quality footage and the uncompressed HDMI output means everything looks exactly the way it should on the big screen.
- 3D Colour Matrix Metering III gets the right exposures in just about any lighting situation, while full-time face recognition gets your subject just right every time.
- A Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus sensor features 51 AF points giving you fast, efficient and precise autofocus.
- A built-in pop-up flash with Nikon's dependable i-TTL flash control ensures that you’re photos will always be caught in their finest light.
- The D800 comes complete with the included Nikon ViewNX 2 software which makes browsing and organising your images easy.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 900 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB 3.0 Micro-B connector, Type C mini-pin HDMI
- H123 x W146 x D81.5mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash modes
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Type
- Compact Flash/SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Lithium-ion battery
- Screen size
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Saturday (Trial in selected areas)