Nikon EDG Waterproof Binoculars, 8 x 42
Nikon’s class-leading roof prism EDG binoculars feature superior ergonomics, a 42mm objective lens and 8x magnification. Extra-Low Dispersion glass lenses, dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating and advanced multilayer lens coating combine to deliver superior light transmission and clear, high-resolution images with superb contrast, even in low-light.
Field curvature is reduced by the field flattener lens ensuring a superior image all the way to the edge. The large, easy to use focus knob covers the diopter adjuster, which helps prevent unintentional changes to settings.
Extremely portable and highly durable, these waterproof and fog-free binoculars are ideal for trekking and nature watching.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lenses compensate for chromatic aberrations to provide images with superior contrast and outstanding resolution.
- The field flattener lens system minimises field curvature for sharp, clear images all the way to the lens periphery.
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer roof prism coating ensures consistently high light transmission throughout the visible spectrum for vivid images with natural colour across your entire field of view.
- Phase-correction coated roof prisms help to deliver higher-resolution images.
- Multilayer-coating on all lenses and prisms create remarkably bright images, even in low-light.
- Expansive 7.7-degree field of view (135 at 1000m).
- Eco-glass optics, free of lead and arsenic, are used for all lenses and prisms.
- A large focus knob prevents unintentional diopter changes.
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click system make it easy to adjust the eyepoint for a full field of view. High-eyepoint design also provides a clear field of view, even when wearing glasses.
- Close focusing distance of only 3m.
- Waterproof (to 5m for 10 minutes) and fog-free, with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas.
- Horn-shaped detachable eyecups are contoured to block peripheral light for a clearer field of view.
- A lightweight magnesium-alloy body with rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip mean these binoculars are tough enough to take anywhere.
- Superior ergonomics - a short bridge design allows for a firm grip and the adjustable strap keeps you in comfort, even during extended use.
- W137 x D148mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- 10 years
- Model name / number
- Objective Lens Diameter
- Water Resistant
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Saturday (Trial in selected areas)