Nikon FX 400mm f/2.8G IF ED VR II AF-S Telephoto Lens
This fast aperture super telephoto lens is ideal for sports photography. A refreshed optical design delivers crisp, high-contrast images, and features ultra-quiet autofocus performance, Vibration Reduction II to combat the effect of camera shake at slow shutter speeds, and practical close focusing capabilities. Designed for digital, this lens includes a Nano Crystal coating, ED glass and rounded diaphragm blades to produce images full of detail with excellent out of focus characteristics.
- Super-fast, telephoto lens, optimised for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX- (23.9 x 36mm) and DX-format image sensors.
- Tripod detection mode reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
- Nano Crystal Coat and a meniscus protective glass element combine to reduce ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Rugged, reliable and lightweight, this lens features a magnesium die-cast barrel and professional-grade dust- and moisture-resistant construction.
- VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilisation enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation.
- Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements control chromatic aberrations while enhancing colour, sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Take control of your shots in moments. A/M focus mode provides fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus.
- Includes slip-on HK-33 lens hoodCT-404 trunk case, slip-in filter holder, 52mm screw-in NC filter, LN-1 strap, monopod collar.
- L368 x Dia.159.5mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Model name / number
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.