Nikon FX 58mm f/1.4G AF-S Standard Lens
Designed to perform best at maximum aperture, this lens pushes the limits of image quality. The 58mm focal length and new optical construction enables astounding sharpness, contrast, and resolution. An exceptional lens for shooting night scenes, the AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G reproduces point light sources like city lights all the way to the edge of the frame.
Exceptional resolving capability enables every component of a scene to be faithfully reproduced in exquisite high-resolution. Flare is effectively minimised for superior reproduction of point light sources as fine rounded points, even at the periphery of an image.
The intensity of bokeh transitions smoothly as the distance from the sharply focused point increases, resulting in no rough edges. Enables high-resolution images with an additional sense of depth.
Wide aperture, sharp results
Subjects are sharply rendered when shooting at the widest aperture of f/1.4. High contrast images of distant subjects or low-light scenes can be obtained without needing to stop down the aperture.
Peripheral light falloff is controlled to retain brightness across the frame. Subjects located at the edge of the frame are sharp and well-resolved, even when shooting at maximum aperture with focus set to infinity.
Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghost and flare, increasing the clarity and contrast of images. Autofocus is smooth, quiet, and swift, thanks to Nikon’s SWM (Silent Wave Motor).
- Angle of View Information The amount of the scene the lens can take in
- Nikon film SLR and FX-format D-SLR cameras: 40° 50′ - Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 27° 20′
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor with separate focus ring for manual focus
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- L70 x Dia.58mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- 72 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Nikon F
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- 0.58 m (1.90 ft) from focal plane
- Model name / number
- AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G
- Tripod Collar Information Sometimes called a lens collar, this accessory lets the lens be mounted on a tripod
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.