NOOK HD+ Tablet, TI OMAP, 9”, Wi-Fi, 16GB, Slate
Enjoy a sharper display and larger screen with the NOOK HD+. This stunning tablet from Barnes & Noble combines a brilliant Full HD display with access to a huge range of books from NOOK and a massive collection of apps, games, movies, TV shows, music and more from Google Play. A lightning fast dual core processor keeps everything responsive, while streamlined design makes it a joy to read on for hours.
The brilliant 9-inch Full HD lets you enjoy everything at 1080p. The result is 256 pixels per inch for crisp text and beautiful graphics.
Ultra-light at just 515g, the NOOK HD sits easily in the hand for hours of comfortable reading and viewing.
A 1.5GHz dual core processor handles Full HD video easily, as well as keeping everything fast, responsive and smooth.
With over 2.5 million eBooks, from bestsellers to classics, Nook has something for everyone’s reading tastes. You can even enjoy lush magazine content with 3D page turns and video content.
’Tear out’ magazine pages you love and save them in a digital scrapbook.
The NOOK Store features a world of age-appropriate apps and content for children, as well as access to fun interactive kid’s books.
New to NOOK HD is Google Play. Access millions of eBooks, magazines, films and TV shows in stunning HD as well as over 700,000 games and apps, including YouTube, Google Maps, GMail and Chrome Web Browsing.
The NOOK IQ recommendation engine gives you custom recommendations of books, movies, and more based on what you like.
Browse interactive catalogues from top brands. They're free, and with seamless delivery straight to your NOOK, it's easy to discover something new.
Simple-to-use parental controls help create a ‘kid safe’ experience and let parents can keep tabs on activity and purchases.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10.5 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H240.3 x W162.8.1 x D11.4mm
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- Headphone socket
- Memory card slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Micro SD (up to 32GB)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- NOOK 30-pin port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- TI Dual-core OMAP 4470
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1280 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
History of Barnes & Noble:
Leonard Riggio, the company's chairman, began his bookselling career while attending New York University in the early 1960s. Working as a clerk in the university bookstore, he became convinced that he could do a better job serving students, and he opened a competing store of his own. The store quickly became one of New York’s finest bookstores, known for its knowledgeable staff, wide selection and great service.
Barnes & Noble are now the world’s largest bookseller and retailer of content and digital media. They now have the worlds largest online book store with over 2.5 million titles and John Lewis are their premium UK launch retailer for the NOOK eReader.
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops from 2pm tomorrow
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)