NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight eReader
The NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight eReader from Barnes & Noble offers an amazing reading experience in bed or bright sun.
The breakthrough E Ink display is just like reading on paper, even in bright sunlight.
Extra long battery life means you can read for over two months from just one charge. Read for over 1 month with GlowLight.
Revolutionary built-in reading: NOOK’s GlowLight turns on instantly and adjusts with just a touch. Simply slide your finger to customise the brightness and enjoy perfect illumination - from a bright gleam to a soft glow - evenly dispersed across your screen.
The 6-inch intuitive touch screen is easy-to-use. Tap to turn a page or make the text bigger, look up words and even organise your library.
Over 2.5million titles. Sample books for free before you buy them. You can also receive popular magazines and newspapers and the Nook Daily Find offers a great book at a great price.
NOOK is ultra-light and ultra-portable, weighing under 200g it’s easy to take with you anywhere you go.
Built in Wi-Fi lets you download books in seconds, straight to your device when connected to a wireless network.
2GB internal memory holds up to 1,000 books. Expand the memory with microSD card slot up to 32GB.
Please note: The NOOK Simple Touch comes with 2GB of storage. Approximately half of this is dedicated to the operating system, and up to 750MB specifically for content from Barnes & Noble's eBook store, leaving up to 250mb for content from other sources.
- Accessories Included
- microUSB cable, Quick Start Guide
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 2months, 1month with GlowLight
- Built-in light
- 2 GB internal (approximately 1GB available for user content- 750MB reserved for content from Barnes & Noble & 250MB for content from other sources). Expandable by up to 32GB with microSD
- Compatible formats Information The types of eBook available for this eReader
- EPUB, PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
- H165.4 x W126.6 x D12.0mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 600 x 800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Touch Screen
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
History of Barnes & Noble
Leonard Riggio, the company's chairman, began his bookselling career while attending New York University in the early 1960s. Working as a clerk in the university bookstore, he became convinced that he could do a better job serving students, and he opened a competing store of his own. The store quickly became one of New York’s finest bookstores, known for its knowledgeable staff, wide selection and great service.
Barnes & Noble are now the world’s largest bookseller and retailer of content and digital media. They now have the worlds largest online book store with over 2.5 million titles and John Lewis are their premium UK launch retailer for the NOOK eReader.
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Friday from 2pm
262 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As