Olympus OM-D E-M5 Compact System Camera with 12-50mm Lens, HD 1080p, 16.1MP, 3” OLED Screen
Combining stylish retro looks and rugged magnesium alloy construction, the Olympus E-M5 looks every bit as good as it performs. It also features advanced image stabilisation for sharper movies and stills, while an electronic viewfinder gives you total control over your shoots. Built to be splash and dustproof - it’s even ready to take incredible professional grade photos in the toughest conditions.
- The 16.1 megapixel Live MOS sensor and TruePic VI image processor team up to give you stunning images with enough quality for detailed enlargements. Colours are more vibrant, noise is reduced and contrasts are richer for sharper shots every time.
- With the world’s fastest autofocus system and a super-fast nine frames per second shooting speed you’ll capture even the fastest moving action in beautiful detail.
- The included 12-50mm lens lets you take sharp portraits and dazzling landscapes with ease. Being a compact systems camera, you can choose from a whole range of lens for any situation.
- Five-axis image stabilisation gives you razor sharp stills and video when you’re on the go. Spend less time worrying about irritating photo blur and take the pictures that you really want!
- Full HD video and stereo sound makes all of your videos shine on the big screen.
- Bright and sharp, the 3-inch OLED screen makes it easy to take pictures from any angle. Along with an electronic viewfinder, you’ll have total control to get exactly the shots you want.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use various additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots, to shoot a wide variety of subjects. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses? Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 330 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- USB 2.0, HDMI mini
- H89.6 x W121 x D41.9mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- OM-D E-M5
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from Friday - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Corporate iForce Named Day
Next day UK delivery
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
Next day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Friday