Olympus PEN E-PL5 Compact System Camera with 14-42mm Lens, HD 1080p, 16.1MP, 3” LCD Touch Screen
Enjoy the flexibility of the micro four thirds lens system with the Olympus PEN E-PL5. Small, fast and very powerful - this camera delivers the range of a DSLR with all the usability of a digital compact. Touch screen controls help you to stay in the moment with intuitive navigation and faster autofocus and shutter release.
- The E-PL5 combines one of the fastest autofocus and with a fast-response touchscreen – heralding a whole new style of shooting. It lets you focus and shoot in an instant. So you can capture the perfection of those fleeting moments.
- The 3-inch LCD display on the E-PL5 has a tilt mechanism that rotates 170 degrees. This lets you take extra-high and extra-low photos with ease, as well as self-portraits where you have a full preview to frame the shot. What’s more: there’s even a customisable self-timer.
- Take your creativity up a notch – with 12 Art Filters and 6 Art Effects designed to turn your photos and movies into striking artworks in an instant on your camera screen. Play around and you’ll be surprised just what visual masterpieces you can create from your photos!
- Now you can transfer your photos and videos straight from your PEN to other devices like your smartphone – both wirelessly and conveniently with an Eye-fi card. Perfect for posting them on social networking sites fast and without any fuss.
- Keep things bright with this add-on flash, included with your PEN, which also detaches to make sure things stay light as well.
- Reduce camera shake with in-body stabilisation that extends to any lens you use – including wide-angles.
- Take clever shortcuts for speedy shots: with a fast-access mode dial and programmable smart buttons.
- Includes: lens, flash, battery, charger, body cap, shoulder strap, USB cable, AV cable and viewer software.
One of the biggest advantages of SLR digital cameras is the sheer shooting flexibility they offer. You can use various additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots, to shoot a wide variety of subjects. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 330 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- USB 2.0, HDMI mini
- Digital Bridge
- H63.7 x W110.5 x D38.2mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- PEN E-PL5
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- BLS-5 Li-ion battery (included)
- Screen size
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)