Your child's hand or footprint
Imprints is a lovely idea where an impression is taken of your child's hand or foot in clay which can be kept forever as a lasting memory of when they were tiny.
Mounted in a hand-finished box frame, it's a lovely keepsake and makes a great gift for friends and family too.
Making their mark
Imprints is offered in all our shops (except for John Lewis High Exeter and at home shops), by appointment.
On the day, a representative from Imprints will take a print of your child's hand or foot, together with details of their name and your preferred glaze colour.
The impression will be fired and glazed and then mounted in a box frame and delivered to the shop for collection within 4 weeks.
If you have more than one child, you can have even have family set made - we can include 3, 6 or 8 prints of any combination of hands and feet.
The advisor will discuss your needs and help you compile a Nursery list of everything you'll need. You can book an individual consultation, completely free of charge and with no minimum spend.
Either speak to an assistant in one of our Nursery departments, or call your local John Lewis (except Exeter and at home shops).
You can choose from:
- Imprint of a single hand or foot
- Imprint of hand and foot or both hands or both feet
- A full set print (both hands and both feet)
- Imprint of a single hand or foot with photograph
- Imprint of a hand and foot or both hands or both feet with a photograph
- A full print set (both hands and both feet) with photograph
- A family print (can print up to 4 hand and feet sets for different members of the family)
Where to go
To book your Imprints appointment, call your nearest shop to find out when the next session is, or ask in the Nursery department next time you're shopping.