Supporting our communities
We're proud of the close links we forge between our Partners and local schools, charities and organisations. And wherever we do business, at home or abroad, we work with communities to make a difference. That's why:
- Our Community Matters programme in our shops continues to support local charities and community groups.
- We aim to give at least 1% of pre-tax profits to community initiatives.
- We will continue to seek out projects that support the John Lewis Foundation at home and abroad.
And so far we have...
- Donated £2.2m to our communities in 2012.
- Launched Bringing Skills to Life, our programme to help people learn the skills they need to succeed in life.
- Formed strategic partnerships with experts in the field of community work, such as UK Youth.
- Made community meeting rooms available for free in 19 of our shops.
- Launched cotton farmer training in India to help farmers grow more sustainable cotton and improve their livelihoods.