Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5K Compact System Camera with 14-42mm Lens, HD 1080p, 16MP, 3" Flip Screen
Building on the success of the award winning Lumix G3, the Panasonic Lumix G5K pushes portability and performance even further. Ideal for the photographer wanting more creative potential or a companion on the road when a DSLR is just too cumbersome - the G5K is an exceptional blend of imaging power and versatility, that’s still a breeze to use. Rugged, lightweight construction will keep it in one piece no matter where your travels take you, while interchangeable lenses mean you’re always equipped to take the shots you want.
- Pansonic’s powerful 16.05 megapixel live MOS sensor uses pixel mix technology to suppress noise for crisp, beautiful shots. Coupled with the cutting-edge Venus engine and advanced signal processing, you’ll enjoy sharper results time and again.
- Light speed autofocus enables quick focusing on fast moving action. Great for capturing sporting action, you’re guaranteed more accuracy - even at lower f settings. When one picture isn’t enough, six-frame-per-second burst shooting will tell the whole story.
- The included 14-42mm lens is a flexible starting point for any photographer. Capable of a handy 3x optical zoom to get you closer to the action, it can still pull off detailed macro shot, detailed landscapes and intimate portraits.
- Record 1080p Full HD in the popular AVCHD and MP4 formats at the touch of a button. The stereo microphone is equipped with Dolby Digital Stereo Creator to record more lifelike audio. Home videos are guaranteed to be rock-solid with full time autofocus and one touch tracking autofocus.
- Intelligent design touches. Eye sensor autofocus begins focusing when you put your eye to the electronic viewfinder for razor-sharp spur of the moment shots. The function lever and rear dial add a new dimension to setups and make adjustment simple.
- The large, bright 3-inch touchscreen allows for quick reviews of snaps and footage, easy setups and area sensitive autofocus. It even flips out and articulates so you can get into just the right position for those difficult pictures.
- Pansonic’s creative control is back and better than ever. Now with 14 filter options, including the ability the adjust them to suit your style, you can add your own unique slant to any picture.
- Scene Guide will get beginners right up to speed on the possibilities of an interchangeable lens camera with 23 professional sample pictures to take your cue from.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
Includes: SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.1 SE, Loilo LoiLoScope (Trial), Panasonic PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.2 Premium Edition.
- Audio Capability
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 320 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- Connection Type
- USB 2.0, miniHDMI, Video out (NTSC/PAL)
- H64.8 x W111.2 x D38.4mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash modes
- HD Video
- Image Stabilisation
- Maximum ISO Information International Standards Organisation, is used to measure a cameras sensitivity to light; higher being more sensitive.
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory card slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- 1x lithium-ion battery and charger
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Shooting Modes Information Special settings for particular shooting scenarios e.g Portrait, Night Portrait, Landscape etc.
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video capability Information Record moving images
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops from 2pm tomorrow
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)
Have you thought about