Pavilion Floor Lamp
Beautiful light, first one delivered was damaged but got a useful £25 discount for help with the cancelled electrician. Product is very heavy needs two to move! Overall very pleased with my purchase thank you John Lewis
19 November 2013
We love this lamp, it is a beautiful conversation piece, and is more like a work of art aswell as a light. However, we are now on our third replacement glass shade as 2 people have banged their heads on it and broken it! Beware citing the lamp in a busy area! It is now in a less busy part of the room, just looking good.
26 July 2013
Right hight and good light
Slightly a problem to fit but outstanding presence
02 November 2012
Good looking floor lamp
When built this is a great looking, quality lamp that I am very pleased to have. Some cheaper but similar looking models are shorter, which wouldn't have worked for us, as it is good to be able to walk under the arc (6'2" high) and this one does take a 100w bulb if wanted. The glass shade gives a good diffuse light too, not as harsh as the chrome shades.
However, I nearly sent it back as the assembly instructions enclosed are not for this model. For example it says:
- "Push ..A into ...B." when this is not possible, until I noticed a tiny plastic grub screw that needed to be removed to allow the cable to be pulled through.
- "Attach the base ... by screwing the two screws through the base". These screws are not provided or necessary. Instead, with the large chrome arc built - crazily - you have to try to screw it into the base - not easily done if your room is not large enough to permit its 360 degree rotation, alternatively you would have to rotate the extremely heavy base while someone else holds the arc! However, I suspect that while hard to assemble, it will be stable.
- Then there are the myriad of grub screws and 3 different sized keys. Some of the grubs are already inserted and some not (I have 5 left over which doesn't fill me with confidence!).
- The positioning of the shade ring on one side of the instructions is incorrect and excludes the washer.
- When assembled the adjustable head was at an odd angle that could not be corrected by unscrewing the grubs - but rubber gloves to allow me to grip and twist - very, very carefully done so as not to bend anything - seems to have done the job.
- All in all poorly designed assembly aggravated by incorrect instructions.
John Lewis's personnel are very helpful and I would have panicked with these issues if I had bought it elsewhere on the net. I hope if you buy this great looking lamp that my experience will help you tackle the lack of correct assembly instructions!
04 May 2012
Our first lamp had to be returned because it had some machine marks causing deep scratching on the marble. However, the second one is fine and we are very pleased with it. Make sure that you always have the arm to the back of the base overwise it will tip! Pleased with our purchase.
27 January 2012
Excellent floor lamp
We needed a lamp to illuminate our large dining table in a room without a ceiling light. This lamp fits the bill perfectly. It was a bit tricky to put together because the instructions weren't up-to-date with some design changes and a plastic moulding insert in the curved section of the light stand tube had a small lump that prevented it being inserted in the tube - although this lump was easily rubbed away. The website also said a 100W bulb maximum - on the lamp itself it says 60W maximum so beware. Finally, the marble base is very heavy (but needs to be) so take this into account if you plan to move the lamp around a lot. Overall we are delighted with this lamp and wonder how we had survived without it. Highly recommended.
16 December 2011
Was trying to choose between two lamps when the assistant said he thought this one was stunning. It looks great at home but the first shade was broken when unpacked.
07 December 2011