Pea, Goat’s Cheese & Herb Tart by Meyer
Tip: To save time you could always make this with bought short crust pastry.
For the pastry:- 225 g plain flour 115 g chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 free range egg yolk plus 1 tbsp cold water
For the filling:- Pinch golden caster sugar
- 500g fresh or frozen peas
- 200ml double or whipping cream
- 3 free range eggs
- 75 g Parmesan, freshly grated
- 100g goat’s cheese
- Handful fresh basil leaves handful of fresh mint leaves) or just a large handful of basil leaves if you don’t have any mint)
Instructions:1) Make the pastry; put the flour into a bowl, add the butter and rub the butter into the flour to make fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and enough water to bind the pastry together, you might need to use your hands. Wrap the pastry in cling film and put in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then roll out to desired thickness and press gently into a pie dish.
2) Heat the oven to 190ºC / 375F / gas mark 5. Put a little water in a saucepan with a pinch of golden caster sugar, bring to the boil, add the peas and cook for 2-3 minutes (you might need to cook them for slightly longer if they are fresh). Drain into a sieve. Put half into a food processor or hand held blender and whiz to break them up.
3) Measure the cream in a jug, add the eggs and grated Parmesan and whisk together. Add the pureed peas. Shred the basil and mint leaves into thin strips with scissors and add to the cream.
4) Scatter the remaining peas over the pastry case and crumble the goat cheese over the top. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and peas.
5) Bake the tart for 25-30 minutes until golden and set in the centre.
£3.00 Standard delivery in 5 working days
Click & collect
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
International delivery available:
From £7.50 Europe (Non EU)