Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera, HD 1080p, 24.3MP, 3.2" LCD Screen, Body Only
Developed to be the flagship of the PENTAX K digital SLR camera series, the K-3 features a host of advanced functions and user-friendly features to optimize image quality, operability and manoeuvrability under demanding shooting conditions in the field.
The K-3 is equipped with a new APS-C-size CMOS image sensor (23.5mm×15.6mm) with approximately 24 effective megapixels. By coupling this sensor with a newly developed PRIME III imaging engine with high-efficiency noise and image processing capacities and an anti-aliasing filter-free design, the K-3 delivers high-resolution, fine-gradation images.
The K-3 features a PENTAX-developed SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism that can be used with any compatible PENTAX interchangeable lens. Thanks to the addition of an SR-dedicated servo controller and an increase in the magnetic force driving the SR unit, this mechanism assures more stable, effective camera-shake compensation than ever before.
Newly developed for the K-3, the anti-aliasing simulator applies microscopic vibrations to the image sensor unit at the subpixel level during image exposure, generating the same level of moiré-reduction effect as an optical anti-aliasing filter.
The K-3 is equipped with newly introduced PENTAX Real-Time Scene Analysis System that consists of approximately 86,000 pixel RGB light-metering sensor and improved algorithm. This allows it to not only control the exposure with extreme accuracy, but also to utilise the data taken in by the light-metering sensor to further enhance the accuracy of auto-focusing and white balance adjustment.
The K-3 continuously records as many as 22 images in the RAW format or 60 images in the JPEG format in a single sequence, at a maximum speed of approximately 8.3 images per second. This has been made possible through the use of several innovative technologies, including a high-speed, high-accuracy control mechanism that regulates the shutter, mirror and diaphragm independently; as well as a damper mechanism that effectively minimises mirror shock.
The K-3 captures beautiful Full HD movie clips in H.264 format, which assures flawless, high-quality movies even with fast moving subjects. It also comes equipped with a stereo mic terminal for external microphone connection and a headphone terminal.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 560 shots per charge (with 50% flash usage)
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB 3.0 (micro B), external power supply terminal, external release controller terminal, X-synch socket, HDMI output terminal (Type D), stereo miscrophone input terminal, Headphone terminal
- H10 x W13.2 x D7.7cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Flash modes
- P-TTL, Red-eye Reduction, Slow-speed Sync, Trailing Curtain Sync
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Body only
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, and SDXC Memory Card (Eye-Fi card X2 compatible)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Lithium-ion Battery D-LI 109P
- Screen size
- 3" LCD & optical viewfinder
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from Friday - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Corporate iForce Named Day
Next day UK delivery
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
Next day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.