Pentax K-50 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens, HD 1080p, 16.1MP, 3" LCD Screen
The Pentax K-50 brings high-end features to DSLR beginners with fast shooting and solid all-weather performance. The K-50 features moisture-resistant, dustproof construction to assure seamless performance under demanding outdoor conditions. It even provides a wide range of advanced shooting features, such as full HD movie recording and a selection of creative tools.
The K-50 features the state-of-the-art CMOS image sensor with a large image-capturing area measuring 23.7mm by 15.7mm, to assure high-speed image data readout. This image sensor has PRIME M - the same high-performance imaging engine incorporated in upper-class models - to deliver super-high-resolution, rich-gradation digital images with approximately 16.28 effective megapixels.
Made to last
Thanks to the 81 seals set in its compact, lightweight, portable body, the K-50 is built to be weather-resistant, dustproof and cold-resistant, even at temperatures as low as -10°C. This means that the K-50 can be taken along on outdoor activities such as camping, mountaineering and sports.
The SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism compensates the adverse effect of camera shake to deliver sharp, blur-free images, even under shake-prone conditions like using a telephoto lens, shooting in the dark without flash illumination, or taking landscapes at twilight.
When shooting sports, stage performances or wildlife, the K-50’s high-speed continuous shooting function comes in handy. Record active, fast-moving subjects in a series of images, at a maximum speed of six images per second (in JPEG format).
The K-50 captures high-resolution, full HD movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels) in H.264, with a choice of frame rate (30, 25 or 24 frames per second). It even comes with creative image-processing tools and features like an interval movie recording function.
The K-50 features a glass prism finder with nearly 100% field of view and approximately 0.92-times magnification (with a 50mm F1.4 lens at infinity) to cover the entire field of view for easy focusing and framing.
USB cable, battery, strap, lens and software CD.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 710 shots per charge (with 50% flash usage)
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB2.0 (high-speed compatible) / AV output terminal, USB MSC/PTP, Video Output Format: NTSC/PAL
- H96.5 x W129 x D70mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Flash modes
- P-TTL, Red-eye Reduction, Slow-speed Sync, Trailing Curtain Sync
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, and SDXC Memory Card (Eye-Fi card compatible)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Lithium-ion Battery D-LI 109
- Screen size
- 3" LCD & optical viewfinder
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery in time for Christmas
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.