Pentax K-500 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens, HD 1080p, 16MP, 3" LCD Screen
Jump right into digital photography with a comfortable, approachable DSLR with specifications that go above and beyond entry level. Everyday photography is made easy with the K-500’s wide selection of simple user-modes and creative tools, taking your images to a whole new level. The value adds up with a 16 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, fast continuous shooting at six frames per second, high sensitivity shooting up to ISO 51200, 100% field of view, innovative in-body shake reduction, and an advanced auto focus module.
A high performance 16 megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor strikes the perfect balance between resolution and image quality. The PRIME M image processing engine is optimised for HD video capture, smooth live view, low chromatic noise, and low energy consumption.
Advanced SAFOX IXi+ autofocus engine, with AF assist lamp and light source detection sensor, features improved optical components, including a diffraction lens, for responsive autofocus in any lighting.
100% FOV viewfinder
What you see is what you get with the low profile glass pentaprism viewfinder, with four interchangeable focusing screens, achieves a 100% optical field of view for framing accuracy in a highly compact form factor.
The PENTAX in-body, sensor-shift Shake and Dust Reduction technology ensures sharp, image stabilised, auto-levelled, and dust-free imaging with any mounted lens.
AA & lithium battery compatible
Compatible with both rechargeable lithium and AA batteries for plentiful power at home or while travelling.
USB cable, battery, strap, eyecup, hotshoe cover, body mount cover, lens and software CD.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 710 shots per charge (with 50% flash usage)
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB 2.0 hi-speed, AV out, Cable Switch
- H96 x W129 x D70mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, and SDXC Memory Card (Eye-Fi card X2 compatible)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
342 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Next or named day delivery
Next or named morning delivery
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.