Philips Lumea SC2001 Hair Removal System
Product informationEnjoy smooth skin everyday and save a small fortune in professional hair removal fees with the Philips Lumea SC2001.
This revolutionary device enables you to be free from unwanted hair and works with an innovative technology called Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), similar to the system used in professional beauty salons. Imagine no more stubble, no more dark shadows or ingrown hairs - and being always ready to wear what you want whenever you want.
Easy to use, the rechargeable Lumea SC2001 can be used in the comfort of your own home - even on the sofa watching TV - this hand-held device applying gentle pulses of light to the hair root. This causes hair to shed naturally and hair regrowth to be inhibited. The result: everlasting smoothness!
Philips Lumea has been developed in close cooperation with leading dermatologists for an effective and gentle treatment, even on the most sensitive body areas. There are 5 adjustable light intensity settings to ensure a painless treatment across a range of different skin tones and hair colours. Includes AC/DC adaptor/charger, storage pouch, cleaning cloth and demonstration DVD.
5 steps to everlasting smoothness
- Pre-shave the treatment area to ensure the light energy is channelled in the most efficient way to the follicle. This is only required for the first few treatments, while you are experiencing hair regrowth.
- Select the light intensity according to your skin tone and body hair colour
- Apply gentle pulses of light to the hair. The light produces heat in the hair, which is transferred to the hair follicle. This stimulates the hair follicle to go into a resting phase.
- As a consequence the hair sheds naturally and hair re-growth is inhibited.
- To prevent hairs from growing back, the treatment must be repeated every 2 weeks (or every 4 weeks for legs) which will progressively reduce hair re-growth to a minimum.
Please note: Phillips Lumea is not designed for everyone (refer to the hair and skin type table in the image gallery). If any of the following is true for you then this device is not suitable for you to use.
- If your natural hair colour in the treatment areas is light blond, white, grey or red.
- If you are skin type VI (you rarely or never get sunburnt and you tan very darkly). In this case you run a high risk of developing skin reactions.
- If you are male.
- Phillips Lumea is not suitable for use on the face
- H120 x W100 x D119.5mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Model name / number
- Lumea SC2001
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery
Click & collect for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
If you're not completely happy with your item, return it to us for FREE via:
Fill out your reason(s) for return on the back of the delivery note and use the pre-paid Royal Mail Returns label.
John Lewis shops
Take the product and your delivery note to the appropriate department in any of our shops.
Exceptions apply; see returns and refunds information.
Q & As