Recaro Young Profi Plus Infant Carrier, Black
The Young Profi Plus infant carrier from Recaro has a lightweight stable shell, with extra deep sides for added protection. The infant carrier is ideal for transporting newborns and babies up to 13kg (approximately birth up to 12-15 months.)
The 5-point harness will ensure baby is secure in the carrier and the double side impact protection and sturdy shell gives you peace of mind baby is safe whilst driving. Featuring ergonomic foam padding and a soft head hugger to provide comfort for littles ones.
The Young Profi Plus is an adaptable carrier that features an extending back system, which means this carry cot will grow as your baby does. The ergonomic carry handle makes it easy to move around, whilst the curved base allows it to be used as a rocker when you reach your destination.
It can be secured in your vehicle with the Recaro Isofix system (sold separately), providing your car has Isofix points, or with a standard 3-point seat belt.
All our car seats and infant carriers comply with current European regulation ECE R44.04.
- Under no circumstances should a car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance to make them most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend fitting the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn`t be left in Group 0/0+ car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- Click here to find your nearest department store
Car seats are categorised into the following groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child`s weight falls within the range indicated:
Car Seat groups:
Group Child's weight approx. age of child 0 birth up to 10kg/22lb birth up to 6-9 months 0+ birth up to 13kg/29lb birth up to 12-15 months 0+ & 1 birth up to 18kg/40lb birth to up to about 4 years 1 9-18kg/20-40lb about 9 months to 4 years 1 & 2 9-25kg/20-55lb about 9 months to 6 years 2 15-25kg/33-55lb about 4 to 6 years 1, 2, 3 9-36kg/20-79lb about 9 months to 12 years 2 & 3 15-36kg/33-79lb about 4-12 years
Note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups.
- Compatible with pushchairs
- Recaro Babyzen and Bugaboo Cameleon
- H62 x W44 x D59cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Facing position
- Sun canopy
- Isofix compatitble Information Isofix is a system of dedicated attachment points in the car which car seats can be locked into. We recommend checking your car handbook for further information.
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 2 years
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Weight or height of child
- Birth up to 13kg or 29lb
The story of Recaro begins in 1906 in Stuttgart, when Wilhelm Reutter founded an automobile business and the company later produced coaches for Daimler-Benz and prototypes for VW Beetles. Recaro, in its current form, was established in 1963 to produce automobile and airplane seats and were the first to introduce adjustable shoulder supports and integrated seatbelts.
In 1998, they drew on their design and safety expertise and launched their first child seat. Parents can trust in Recaro as their car seats are based on the principles of Safety, Design and Comfort. Their car seats draw on the latest technology, are painstakingly tested and their classic designs are developed in match your vehicle interior.
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Advice on choosing and fitting a car seat for safety and comfort