Recaro Young Sport Car Seat, Black/Saphir
This smart forward facing car seat from Recaro offers deep sides and head support for increased safety. An age adaptable seat, that grows with your child and will provide support for children between 9 kg all the way up to 36 kg ( approximately 9 months - 12 years).
To start with toddlers will use the secure 5-point harness, which automatically adjusts as the backrest is extended for a secure and snug fit. As your child grows, simply remove the harness so that your child can use the car's standard 3-point seat belt.
A comfortable and safe car seat that features a central belt tensioner for easy fitting, which also adjusts the harness, whilst the adjustable head rest provides maximum protection. The removal seat covers makes for easy cleaning and the ergonomic carry handle allows you to easily transport the seat.
The Recaro Young Sport car seat is easy to install with a car's 3-point seat belt.
All our car seats and infant carriers comply with current European regulation ECE R44.04.
- Under no circumstances should a car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance to make them most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend fitting the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn`t be left in Group 0/0+ car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- Find your nearest department store
Car seats are categorised into the following groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child`s weight falls within the range indicated:
Car Seat groups:
|Group||Child's weight||approx. age of child|
|0||birth up to 10kg/22lb||birth up to 6-9 months|
|0+||birth up to 13kg/29lb||birth up to 12-15 months|
|0+ & 1||birth up to 18kg/40lb||birth to up to about 4 years|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||about 9 months to 4 years|
|1 & 2||9-25kg/20-55lb||about 9 months to 6 years|
|2||15-25kg/33-55lb||about 4 to 6 years|
|1, 2, 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||about 9 months to 12 years|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||about 4-12 years|
Note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups.
- H64 x W48 x D51cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Facing position
- Forward facing
- 1,2 and 3
- Isofix compatitble Information Isofix is a system of dedicated attachment points in the car which car seats can be locked into. We recommend checking your car handbook for further information.
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 2 years
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- 9 months
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Weight or height of child
- 9-36kg or 20-79lb
The story of Recaro begins in 1906 in Stuttgart, when Wilhelm Reutter founded an automobile business and the company later produced coaches for Daimler-Benz and prototypes for VW Beetles. Recaro, in its current form, was established in 1963 to produce automobile and airplane seats and were the first to introduce adjustable shoulder supports and integrated seatbelts.
In 1998, they drew on their design and safety expertise and launched their first child seat. Parents can trust in Recaro as their car seats are based on the principles of Safety, Design and Comfort. Their car seats draw on the latest technology, are painstakingly tested and their classic designs are developed in match your vehicle interior.
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Friday233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As