Roasted Tomato, Red Pepper & Basil Puff Pastry Tart by Meyer
Tip: Serve with a little salad for lunch or supper or cut into small pieces and serve as a starter.
Serves: about 8
Ingredients:- 500 g tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 250g ricotta
- 4 free range eggs
- 125 ml milk
- About 60 g Parmesan, finely grated
- Handful basil, shredded
- 375 g puff pastry
- Extra fresh basil to sprinkle over the top
Instructions:1) Preheat the oven to 180C/375F/gas mark 4. Put the tomatoes, red pepper and garlic into a roasting dish, drizzle with a little oil and roast for 20 minutes – until soft.
2) Use a slotted spoon to lift the tomatoes onto a plate. Pour the juices from the roasting tray into a bowl.
3) Add the ricotta, eggs, Parmesan and basil and mix together. Season with a little pepper.
4) Roll the puff pastry to fit the tin and then line the tin with the pastry. Make sure that the pastry goes up the sides of the tin.
5) Pour the ricotta mixture over the pastry and top with the roasted tomatoes and peppers.
6) Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and the filling is golden.