Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Tablet, Marvell PXA, Android, 7", Wi-Fi, 8GB, Black
Perfectly portable, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is a slim tablet designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. Running on Android Jelly Bean 4.1, this tablet performs smoothly and quickly thanks to its dual-core processor. It’s an ideal lightweight device to for your computing needs, whether you’re at home or away.
This 7-inch model of the Galaxy Tab has been re-envisioned to make it more comfortable for you. The narrower bezel means you’re closer to the screen, while it’s thin 9.9mm profile and light weight of just 302g make it small enough to carry around without intruding on your lifestyle.
Front and rear-facing cameras make video chatting, taking photos and recording videos a joy, with resolutions of 1.3 megapixels and 3 megapixels keeping things clear and convenient.
The Google Play Store and Samsung Apps give you access to thousands of game and apps with anything from translation software to apps to find a local restaurant available for download. The Play Store also features thousands of eBooks, movies, songs and other digital content.
A 1.2GHz dual-core Marvell processor and 1GB of RAM, this tablet can handle almost anything you ask of it, smoothly and quickly, making for a less frustrating tablet experience.
Samsung’s Hubs give you access to a wide range of entertainment. Video Hub gives you virtually immediate access to over 1,000 titles for download. Music Hub’s store is loaded with your favourite tunes, while Game Hub gives you access to premium single and multi-player games, letting you jump in and out whenever you want.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 features more ways to keep in touch than ever before. Along with the usual options, like e-mail, the Tab 3 includes Google+ Hangouts, which makes it easy to connect with your friends with text or group video calls. Samsung’s ChatON app, gives you additional options for keeping in touch, like Group Chats, Multimedia Transmission, Buddy Interaction and more.
8GB of storage means you can keep your most needed files easily accessible on the device. You can also plug in a microSD card to increase storage by up to another 32GB, or store files in the cloud with 2 years of free 50GB storage from Dropbox.
Built-in GPS makes the Tab 3 ideal to use for navigation, while Wi-Fi connectivity ensures you’ll be able to access the internet wherever there’s an open Wi-Fi network.
Bluetooth 3.0 makes wirelessly sharing files with other Bluetooth enabled devices simple, while a micro USB port gives you the option to plug your tablet into a PC to transfer files through a standard USB to micro USB cable.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 8 hours (Wi-Fi Web browsing)
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 3.0
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H188 x W111.1 x D9.9 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Adreno 305
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- GPS, GLONASS
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD (up to 64GB)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Marvell PXA986
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1024 x 600 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- TFT LCD Display
- Accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Built-in speakers
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- YES- Google Now
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.3 megapixels
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 3 megapixels
- Wireless Display Information Allows wireless data streaming to a WiDi-enabled TV.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Monday from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Monday from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Tuesday (Trial in selected areas)