Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Tablet, Samsung Exynos, Android, 8”, Wi-Fi, 16GB
With Powerful performance in a portable package, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 is a fantastic tool for experiencing multimedia on the go. This 8-inch tablet has a slim and lightweight design, making it ideal to slip into your bag when you’re not using it. With Android Jelly Bean 4.2 and a dual-core processor, you’ll find this little tablet is powerful enough to conquer the most demanding apps and games.
Thanks to the Samsung Exynos processor and 1.5GB of RAM, you’ll experience a smooth navigational experience with no lag and impressive multitasking abilities. Enjoy the latest games and apps without hesitation.
A brilliantly colourful and clear WXGA resolution display makes enjoying movies and photos an immersive experience.
The Tab 3 8.0 is incredibly portable, weighing just 314g and measuring under 8mm in depth, this is one fully functioning tablet that won’t drag you down.
The Google Play Store and Samsung Apps give you access to thousands of game and apps with anything from translation software to apps to find a local restaurant available for download. The Play Store and Samsung Hub also feature thousands of eBooks, movies, songs and other digital content.
Multitasking is easy on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. Dual-view mode allows you to view 2 screens at the same time, so you’ll no longer be constantly switching between apps to get the full picture. Pop-up video allows you to enjoy a video in a small, adjustable window, while you perform small tasks.
Samsung Sound Alive and Dolby Surround produce superior sound quality, giving you clear dialogue with consistent volume levels and making music playback sound fantastic. With Group Play, you can stream music from your Tab to other compatible Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets, so that they’re all playing the same thing at the same time, making it possible to achieve an instant surround sound system.
Use your Tab 3 as an eReader, with the Readers Hub and Reading Mode, designed to optimise the display to give you a comfortable reading experience in all lighting conditions.
Preserve your cherished photographs in style with Story Album. Story Album allows you to organise your photos and create albums. You can apply themes and change layouts to give each event its own individual style. You can even have your albums professionally printed through an online printing service.
16GB of storage will allow you to keep your most important videos, music and documents close by. If you need more space, you can also slot in a microSD card up to 64GB.
Connect to the internet using the built in WiFi receiver and send files at speed with Bluetooth 4.0. Use SGPS or GLONASS to navigate maps and geo-tag photos. You can also output content to your HDTV or monitor using the MHL port and control multimedia devices using the infrared LED.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 11 hours (Wi-Fi web browsing)
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.3 megapixels
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixels
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H123.8 x W209.8 x D7.4 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Location Services
- GPS, GLONASS
- Memory (RAM) Information Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD (up to 64GB)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB, MHL for HDMI output
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Samsung Exynos
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1280 x 800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- LCD TFT capacitive touchscreen
- Accelerometer, compass, proximity sensor
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Built-in speakers
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- YES- Google Now
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n
Click & collectClick & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
375 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Discover more information about the range of Samsung Galaxy Tablets including the Tab, Note and Pro series.