Sebo X1.1 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Easy to manœuvre around floor space and obstacles. Excellent results.
Pity extension hose is not included to make light work of stairs, but still deserving of 5*.
07 February 2014
Well made to last . This item replaced the same model which was 20+ yrs old. Very efficient at cleaning carpets or solid floors. Sealed Dust bag easy to empty/replace no mess at all. The design of filters means no loss of suction as the bag fills up . Would not consider any other make.
20 November 2013
We have had this cleaner for a week now and I cant believe how good it is, the cable is a really good length, no need to keep moving the plug. It picks up all the annoying little bits and is so light it almost goes by itself.
15 October 2013
So glad I chose this
Having owned 2 bagless cleaners of the same brand before, I became disenchanted with them and decided to shop around for something that performed as well (if not better), but for a reasonable price. I researched for days and in the end the 5 star reviews and features of this vacuum cleaner made up my mind to buy a Sebo.
After I'd ordered it I discovered that 2 friends each already own one and they couldn't sing its praises loudly enough.
It was reasonably easy to put together on arrival, and looks quite smart in white.
- It's nowhere near as noisy as my previous cleaner but although the previous cleaner was bagless, the suction is on the Sebo is actually better.
- It's not too light - my previous vacuum cleaner used to topple over when I used the hose and attachments.
- It lies completely flat so I can easily clean under furniture.
- The power lead is very long.
- It automatically switches from hard floors to carpets without my having to press any buttons.
- The hose just pulls out of the cleaner so it's ready to use and I don't need to faff about unclipping it or clipping it in. All I have to do is push the attachment I want to use onto the end.
- My friends tell me that the bags last for months.
- The hose could do with being a tad longer - I have 12 steps on my stairs but couldn't reach the last 3 without balancing the cleaner on the stairs. (I am aware that I could buy an extension hose, but then I'd be back to faffing about clipping/unclipping it again.)
17 April 2013
Much Better Than I Expected!
We had an old Dyson DC07 bought from John Lewis many years ago and whilst it has been utterly reliable, emptying it has always been messy no matter how many times they say it isn't! With a new born baby in the home with a breathing problem, we weren't taking any chances. At JL Oxford Street, we looked at several brands but in the end was impressed with the Sebo range. We were advised to go for the X1.1 as it is cheaper than the X4 and features a slightly lower motor, which was fine with me because the suction is as strong as our Dyson!
When JL delivered the X1.1, I was amazed how easy it is to put together as well as use! I thought our Dyson could glide but the auto sensor on this model adjusts the height automatically and all I need to do to push the vacuum is pinch my fingers on the end of the handle! There's a super long cord too.
Although it isn't modern looking, the plastics can really take a knocking without bruising but there's so many things I like about this vacuum:
1) Brush roll switches off if there's a clog.
2) LED lights to tell you what is going on.
3) Light wand and hose is a superb idea - the hose just snaps back into place automatically if the wand has been pulled out for use.
4) On board tools consist of two - the long crevice tool can get right down into my Hotpoint tumble dryer for removing fluff.
5) This vacuum can brush and suck up broken glass, bolts, coins, quite a lot of surprising things including Lego and the brush roll just slips out at the touch of a button - no drive belts to replace.
The only downsides:
1) No dusting brush as standard but cost option.
2) Hose is quite short, so best to buy the extension hose for stairs.
3) Why no variable suction slider like the Felix?? Softer suction would be better when doing curtains and soft furnishings. .
Best bonus - the bags go on forever i.e. one bag lasts about 3 months before being replaced and filters don't have to be replaced until 32 bags have been used up! Now that's top value!!
20 March 2013
This is the best vacuum cleaner we have ever used and it is also super stylish to boot! It has such amazing suction and it is weighted so it moves around very easily. This was recommended to us ans we would definitely recommend also. Brilliant purchase for our new flat.
27 November 2012
This is the second Sebo X1.1 that I have owned. This purchase is purely to replace my current one that I have had for approximately 13 years and have always found it very reliable. I am confident the new one will work for a similar amount of time.
22 November 2012
We have never purchased this brand before, but were persuaded by the excellent reviews. The Sebo X1.1 fulfils all we need from an upright vacuum cleaner - and does it very well.
Glad we followed the advice of other users with much greater experience of this brand.
12 November 2012