Sebo X1.1 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Would only buy a Sebo after having one for nearly 20 years !
I still have my previous Sebo, but now have one upstairs and one downstairs.
Excellent suction and easy to use - this is important because I am disabled.
08 July 2014
Several good features:
• Easy to assemble out of the box
• Long cable
• Quick-release cable storage
• Foot pedal to release handle is very easy to find and to use
• Second handle to use the seize-and-suck flexible hose is well designed and easy to use
• Rubber wheels are very quiet on hard floors
06 July 2014
Don't ask me to part with this
This is the best vacuum cleaner I have had. I prefer it to previously owned top end bagless upright and cylinder vacuum cleaner (with bag). I would recommend buying the dusting brush and extension hose at time of purchase as they are most useful and easy to attach. The turbo brush wasn't so necessary but perhaps would be for pet hairs. The bags are very economical as they take some filling. Have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this product - so pleased I took the advice of the sales staff in Peter Jones. That was at least 2 years ago and it is still as new.
23 June 2014
Glides across the floors!
I borrowed this make of vacuum cleaner from a friend before buying it and was so impressed had made up my mind I wanted one.
However, at the same time I was being persuaded to buy another brand by my friends, which I had never really thought about.
I stuck with my gut feel and did a price comparison, including accessories and warranty cover and John Lewis was best buy.
I have been using this for a month now and I can honestly say it is really quiet and just glides over any floor covering.. Very light to use and hose for corners and cornices is a very handy feature. The machine has a great length of flex too, so convenient !
23 May 2014
Easy to manœuvre around floor space and obstacles. Excellent results.
Pity extension hose is not included to make light work of stairs, but still deserving of 5*.
07 February 2014
Well made to last . This item replaced the same model which was 20+ yrs old. Very efficient at cleaning carpets or solid floors. Sealed Dust bag easy to empty/replace no mess at all. The design of filters means no loss of suction as the bag fills up . Would not consider any other make.
20 November 2013
We have had this cleaner for a week now and I cant believe how good it is, the cable is a really good length, no need to keep moving the plug. It picks up all the annoying little bits and is so light it almost goes by itself.
15 October 2013
So glad I chose this
Having owned 2 bagless cleaners of the same brand before, I became disenchanted with them and decided to shop around for something that performed as well (if not better), but for a reasonable price. I researched for days and in the end the 5 star reviews and features of this vacuum cleaner made up my mind to buy a Sebo.
After I'd ordered it I discovered that 2 friends each already own one and they couldn't sing its praises loudly enough.
It was reasonably easy to put together on arrival, and looks quite smart in white.
- It's nowhere near as noisy as my previous cleaner but although the previous cleaner was bagless, the suction is on the Sebo is actually better.
- It's not too light - my previous vacuum cleaner used to topple over when I used the hose and attachments.
- It lies completely flat so I can easily clean under furniture.
- The power lead is very long.
- It automatically switches from hard floors to carpets without my having to press any buttons.
- The hose just pulls out of the cleaner so it's ready to use and I don't need to faff about unclipping it or clipping it in. All I have to do is push the attachment I want to use onto the end.
- My friends tell me that the bags last for months.
- The hose could do with being a tad longer - I have 12 steps on my stairs but couldn't reach the last 3 without balancing the cleaner on the stairs. (I am aware that I could buy an extension hose, but then I'd be back to faffing about clipping/unclipping it again.)
17 April 2013