Smeg FAB28RD Cummersdale Retro Fridge with Freezer Compartment, A++ Energy Rating, 60cm Wide, Grey
To celebrate 150 years of John Lewis, Smeg have designed their popular retro fridge to feature one of our heritage prints from our archive. The Cummersdale print dates back to our founding year of 1864, and was originally printed as a furnishing fabric.
The Smeg FAB28RD is a classic 50s style refrigerator packed with 21st century cooling technology. The unique exterior provides the ultimate focal point in the kitchen and its prominent design will be the talking point at any party.
Rated a superior A++ for energy efficiency, this fridge also has a handy auto defrost function, offering consistently superior performance. The generous fridge space gives you 3 glass shelves, a fruit and vegetable drawer, 4 door shelves (including a covered dairy compartment) and a chrome wine rack.
For extra versatility, there is also a 4 star ice box (26 litre capacity), giving you enough space to store some frozen goods. An adjustable thermostat helps you keep food and drink in optimum condition. For cleaning and easy maintenance, wipe the exterior with a damp cloth- avoid anything abrasive.
Please note: this appliance has a right-hand hinge that cannot be reversed. A gap of 175mm must be left on the hinged side of the product to allow the door to open.
The Smeg name is linked to its roots in the Guastallia region of Italy. Smeg stands for ‘Smalterie Metallurgiche, Emiliane, Guastallia’ (a metal enamelling factory in Guastalla, Emilia, Italy). Smeg ensures exceptional build quality by using high quality components and applying rigorous testing to every appliance. It takes two years of research and testing before Smeg releases a product onto the market, and every appliance is tested for 15 years of use.
- Antibacterial protection Information Special lining which prevents any bacteria growth
- Audible Temperature Alarm
- Average annual energy cost Information How much the appliance costs to run a year (with John Lewis assuming 1kwh = 10p inc VAT). Please contact your electricity supplier for the price you would actually pay for a unit of electricity
- Freezer Compartment
- H151 x W60 x D68.2cm
- Energy Consumption Per Standard Cycle Information Amount of electricity used. The lower the figure, the less electricity used
- Fan Cooling In Fridge
- Freezer Defrost Type
- Fridge Defrost Type
- Model name / number
- Net storage (fridge) Information Usable fridge volume
- Noise Level Information How noisy, in decibels, the machine is. The lower the dB, the quieter the appliance
- Number of Salad Drawers
- Number of Shelves
- Power Cut Safe Time Information How long the appliance can keep your food chilled/frozen in case of a power cut.
- 12 hours
- Reversible door Information Can be reversed by yourself after delivery, or -selected appliances only - by John Lewis (charge applies)
- Safety glass shelves Information Easy to clean and an anti-spillage rim
- Star rating of freezer compartment Information From 1 - 4 stars, with 3 keeping food the longest, a 4th star denoting fast freeze capability
- Temperature display
- Temperature warning light Information Warns you if the internal temperature is too high
- Type Of Fridge
- Ice Box
UK mainland delivery within 7 working days; may be longer for N Ireland, island and rural postcodes
Express 2 working day delivery to selected areas
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
This service includes removal and disposal of your old refrigerated appliance for reuse or recycling.
Q & As
We'll help you make a cool-headed decision