Sony A6000 Compact System Camera with 16-50mm OSS Lens, HD 1080p, 24.3MP, Wi-Fi, NFC, OLED EVF, 3" Tilting Screen, Black
The ILCE-6000 includes refined capabilities in a pocket-able size that makes it is easy to get beautiful pictures almost anywhere. Features include exceptional image quality from the large 24.3MP APS-C image sensor, fast focusing thanks to a brand new BIONZ® X processor and interchangeable lens capability. Near Field Communication enables single touch image sharing with compatible mobile devices or direct connection with Android and iOS devices via Wi-Fi.
Full size sensor
The same sensor format that Sony builds into the full-sized Alpha DSLRs gives the this camera more detail than typical point-and-shoot cameras. APS-C sensor size delivers an exceptional combination of high resolution, high sensitivity and gorgeous bokeh effect.
Wi-Fi & NFC
Lose the cords and cables – Wi-Fi and NFC capability lets you instantly connect to smartphones and tablets. Simply download the free PlayMemories Mobile App, touch it to your Android smartphone or tablet, and create a connection that lets you transfer photos, remotely control the camera's shutter release, and instantly receive the captured image via Wi-Fi.
Personalise your camera by adding new features of your choice with PlayMemories Camera Apps. Apps include enhanced portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot and much more. Use apps that shoot, share and save photos using Wi-Fi that make it easy to control and view your camera from smartphone, and post directly to Facebook.
Full HD video
Capture HD Movies at 60p or a cinematic 24p frames per second, all at Full HD 1920x1080 resolution. The AVCHD codec delivers stunning Blu-ray picture quality while the PC-friendly MP4 codec lets you compress to smaller 1080/30p files for easier uploading.
Pop up flash
Perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to get the shot, the pop-up flash combined with high ISO sensitivity makes shooting in just about any lighting situation a breeze.
Tilting screen & OLED viewfinder
Change your view with a tiltable LCD touchscreen that flips up 180-degrees without sacrificing compactness. The viewfinder features real-time data for planning and previewing shots. Exposure Control compensates for bright/dim scenes, Focus Zoom enlarges a chosen detail and Display Mode reveals histograms and more.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Charger, battery, shoulder strap, body cap, micro USB cable, 16-55mm lens
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 310 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- Compatible Operating Systems
- Mac OS X (v10.6-v10.8), Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Vista SP2 (Starter Edition is not supported)
- NFC, Wi-Fi, DC in, HD micro out, AV remote terminal, USB 2.0
- Continuous Shooting Speed
- H66.9 x W120 x D45.1mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" tilting LCD
- Face Detection
- File Formats
- JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture
- Lens Size
- Lens Type
- Sony OSS Zoom Lens
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Self Timer
- Sensor Size
- 23.5 x 15.6mm
- Sensor Type
- Exmor APS HD CMOS
- Shooting Modes
- Posterisation (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Shutter Speeds
- Still images:1/4000 to 30 sec, Bulb, Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4(1/3 steps) up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread
- Type of Battery
- Li-ion NP-FW50
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
369 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow