Sony Bravia KDL55W955 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart Wedge TV, 55" with Freeview HD with 2x 3D Glasses
The Sony W95 TV is a perfect blend of picture, sound and design. With a Full HD screen and advanced Dynamic Range technology, this television will bring your TV programmes, films and games to life like never before. The innovative wedge shape isn’t just for show - not only does it save on space, it also enhances the W95’s sound output thanks to the placement of a unique long duct speaker.
This TV is Smart too, so you can connect to a world of online entertainment. Browse the internet, watch YouTube, enjoy catch up TV and play games all from the comfort of your armchair.
Superior picture quality
1080p with higher peaks and deeper blacks. X-tended Dynamic Range means the screen of the W95 is twice as bright as a conventional LED TV. The Triluminos display also makes for a wider, more realistic range of colours in everything you watch.
Sony’s daring wedge design allows for a low centre of gravity perfect for smaller, space-saving stands. The wider base has provided room for a powerful, integrated long duct speaker as well.
Add impact to everything you hear. A Long Duct speaker has a pipe-like structure that delivers pure sound. Bass is punchier too and you can even place an optional wireless subwoofer anywhere in your living room (available separately).
Twitter, Skype & more
Get social on your TV screen and follow tweets about what you’re watching. Try it for matches and other big events: talk to friends and family on Skype with the built-in Full HD camera as the action unfolds. Echo cancelling means you'll hear every bit of the conversation.
For sports fans…
Experience a stadium atmosphere in your own living room. Live Football Mode automatically adjusts the sound settings so the roar of the crowd is loud and clear. You can also browse football videos from YouTube and the FIFA sites with ease.
The supplied One-Flick remote will bring complete ease-of-use to the W95 with its responsive touchpad and intuitive interface. Navigate guides, change channels and more with just the flick of a finger.
With TVs getting slimmer and built-in speakers getting smaller - choosing the right sound system is more important than ever. Sound bars add that extra audio punch to all your movies, games and TV programmes. More affordable and easier to set up than a full size speaker system, they don’t compromise on quality either.
Take a look at our full range here.
- 3D Ready
- 3D Technology Type
- Accessories Included
- Touchpad Remote Control (RMF-ED004);Remote Control (RM-ED060);3D Glasses (TDG-500P x2);Battery;AC Power Cord;Screws;Table Top Stand(separate, assembly required)
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Dolby Digital
- Digital tuner Information Built-in digital tuners let you receive channels through an aerial with Freeview or through a satellite dish with freesat
- Freeview HD
- H75.3 x W123.9 x D92mm
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- Energy Rating
- 5 years
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- External USB recording and playback
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Number of tuners
- 1 (Freeview HD)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 4x HDMI, 3x USB 2.0, 1x SCART
- Power Consumption - Annual
- 115 kWh/year
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Power Consumption - Stand By
- Refresh Rate Information The speed at which the screen is refreshed. Please note, manufacturers tend to use their own measurements for refresh rate, so these may not always be comparable.
- Motionflow XR 400Hz
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Speaker output Information The total output measured in watts. The higher the number, the louder the sound!
- Table Top Stand
- Timer Facility
- TV Screen Type Information LED: LED backlit LCD panel, OLED: self-lit LED panel, Plasma: self-lit gas plasma panel, LCD: CCFL backlit LCD panel.
- Viewing angle (horizontal / vertical) Information Higher figure will ensure more people seated around the display will be able to view it clearly
- 178 degree
- Visible Screen Size (measured diagonally)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
UK mainland delivery within 7 working days; may be longer for N Ireland, island and rural postcodes
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Count on our expert opinion in picking your television.