Sony Cyber-shot DSC HX300 Bridge Camera, HD 1080p, 20.4MP, 50x Optical Zoom, 3” LCD Screen with 8GB Memory Card
With Sony’s HX300, you’ll enjoy the simplicity of a fixed lens and the control of DSLR handling. A powerful optical zoom extends up to 50x for detailed telephoto and macro shooting, while onboard image stabilisation helps keep everything crisp. Autofocus also makes light work of action shot, keeping your subject at the centre of attention, and ensuring sharper stills. When a single picture isn’t enough, there’s Full HD 1080p video capture with all the benefits of active stabilisation to compensate for camera roll and hand movement.
- Forget changing lenses while you’re in the wild or on the beach: every photo opportunity’s covered with the powerful 50x optical zoom lens. Grab expansive, wide-angle landscapes – or zoom in for telephoto close-ups of animals and birds, while your camera keeps it all steady.
- More detail means better pictures and Full HD video. Capture moments that really stand out from the crowd with a 20.4-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor that cuts out picture noise for clear, sharp results, even when the lights are low.
- Wondering which settings are best? Let your camera do all the work. From close-ups to twilight portraits, your camera adjusts everything automatically so you easily get the results you want, no fuss. It even detects if your subject's moving, cutting motion blur in any scene.
- Adjust light and exposure levels manually to develop your own shooting style. Use the P/S/A/M manual modes to control the aperture or shutter speed and play with the creative effects in your photos.
- Just touch a button and shoot brilliantly crisp, detailed Full HD video clips: you'll enjoy stable, blur-free images even while walking or zooming. Record in 50p mode and film 50 frames of Full HD (1920x1080) every second for silky-smooth, cinematic action.
- Grab those spur-of-the moment photo opportunities that only happen once. Speedy autofocus snaps accurately onto your subject for crisp, blur-free shots – even at high zoom settings or in dim light where other cameras struggle.
- Effortlessly handle lengthy shooting assignments with a compact DSLR-style camera body that fits comfortably in your hand. Every control’s carefully placed and easy to reach, like you'd expect from a DSLR camera.
- Includes battery pack, adapter, micro USB cable, shoulder strap and lens cap.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 310 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital Bridge
- Micro HDMI, USB 2.0
- Digital Bridge
- H93.2 x W129.6 x D103.2mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- 24-1200mm (4:3), 26-1300mm (16:9) (35mm equiv.)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Yes - 8GB
- Memory Card Type
- SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Li-ion battery
- Screen size
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Sunday from 2pm
284 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Sunday from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Tuesday