Sony Cyber-shot DSC HX300 Bridge Camera, HD 1080p, 20.4MP, 50x Optical Zoom, 3” LCD Screen with 8GB Memory Card
With Sony’s HX300, you’ll enjoy the simplicity of a fixed lens and the control of DSLR handling. A powerful optical zoom extends up to 50x for detailed telephoto and macro shooting, while onboard image stabilisation helps keep everything crisp. Autofocus also makes light work of action shot, keeping your subject at the centre of attention, and ensuring sharper stills. When a single picture isn’t enough, there’s Full HD 1080p video capture with all the benefits of active stabilisation to compensate for camera roll and hand movement.
- Forget changing lenses while you’re in the wild or on the beach: every photo opportunity’s covered with the powerful 50x optical zoom lens. Grab expansive, wide-angle landscapes – or zoom in for telephoto close-ups of animals and birds, while your camera keeps it all steady.
- More detail means better pictures and Full HD video. Capture moments that really stand out from the crowd with a 20.4-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor that cuts out picture noise for clear, sharp results, even when the lights are low.
- Wondering which settings are best? Let your camera do all the work. From close-ups to twilight portraits, your camera adjusts everything automatically so you easily get the results you want, no fuss. It even detects if your subject's moving, cutting motion blur in any scene.
- Adjust light and exposure levels manually to develop your own shooting style. Use the P/S/A/M manual modes to control the aperture or shutter speed and play with the creative effects in your photos.
- Just touch a button and shoot brilliantly crisp, detailed Full HD video clips: you'll enjoy stable, blur-free images even while walking or zooming. Record in 50p mode and film 50 frames of Full HD (1920x1080) every second for silky-smooth, cinematic action.
- Grab those spur-of-the moment photo opportunities that only happen once. Speedy autofocus snaps accurately onto your subject for crisp, blur-free shots – even at high zoom settings or in dim light where other cameras struggle.
- Effortlessly handle lengthy shooting assignments with a compact DSLR-style camera body that fits comfortably in your hand. Every control’s carefully placed and easy to reach, like you'd expect from a DSLR camera.
- Includes battery pack, adapter, micro USB cable, shoulder strap and lens cap.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 310 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital Bridge
- Micro HDMI, USB 2.0
- Digital Bridge
- H93.2 x W129.6 x D103.2mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- 24-1200mm (4:3), 26-1300mm (16:9) (35mm equiv.)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Yes - 8GB
- Memory Card Type
- SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Li-ion battery
- Screen size
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
365 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.