Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II Camera, HD 1080p, 20.2MP, 3.6x Optical Zoom, WiFi, NFC, 3” LCD Flip Screen, Black
1 bundle available - Save up to £31.98
More than just a compact, the Sony RX100 II changes what you thought was possible with a point-and-shoot camera. Sleek, modern looks hide an advanced, extra large sensor that gives you unparalleled image capture with richer colours and incredible depth. You can also remember those special moments in exceptional detail thanks to Full HD video recording at the touch of a button.
This updated model features a superior ISO rating and is compatible with a range of powerful hotshoe attachments that will take your photography to the next level.
- Four times larger than standard sensor - the 1.0-type Exmor CMOS packs the details in. 20.2 effective megapixels give more vibrant shots along with exceptionally low noise level - even in low light situations.
- The bright F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens has a wide aperture that lets in more light. It's also the key to limitless creative effects, with your subject in sharp focus against a smoothly-blurred background.
- A 3.6x optical zoom gives you more intimate portraits and detailed shots. Clear Image Zoom pushes this to 7.2 with even more detail and no sacrifice of pixel count
- With a 3-inch flip-out screen the RX100 II gives you the flexibility to shoot however you want. Hold it over your head for crowd shots, or use the digital viewfinder (available separately) to frame the perfect portrait.
- You can capture crisp 1080p movies with the touch of a button in the popular AVCHD format. The HDMI-out slot on the camera even makes it easy to share everything on your HD TV.
- The RX100 II features a multi interface shoe that lets you upgrade your camera with attachments like an external flash, stereo microphone and digital viewfinder.
- This camera also lets you shoot in RAW format for more control in the editing suite.
- SteadyShot Active Mode cuts down on shaky camera movement when shooting video, even while walking or zooming. It even reduces blur when shooting stills.
- Enjoy the freedom to fine-tune your image with full control over automatic and manual exposure modes. Surrounding the lens, a smooth control ring allows effortless fingertip adjustment of exposure, zoom, picture effect and other functions.
- Take control of your photos and videos and bring them to life through your PlayStation 3 with PlayMemories Studio. You can add sound effects, or edit your videos to make the perfect home movie quickly and easily.
- In-camera retouching lets you add a professional sheen to any photo with red eye removal, unsharp mask and more - all without a computer.
- Includes battery pack, AC adapter, micro USB cable, wrist strap and strap adapter.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 350 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- HDMI output, USB 2.0
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 10 fps
- H5.8 x W10.1 x D3.5cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- File Formats
- RAW, RAW+JPEG, JPEG
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/1.8 - f/37.1
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T*
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
- Model name / number
- DSC-RX100 II
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Li-ion battery NP-BX1
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 1.0" type (13.2 x 8.8mm)
- Sensor Type
- Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 30 - 1/2000
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Type of Battery
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.