Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX220 Camera, HD 1080p, 18.2MP, 10x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC, 2.7” Screen
Extreme power and total usability in a palm-size package. Sony’s DSC-WX220 packs a lot into its compact frame with a powerful optical zoom and gorgeous Full HD video capture. What’s more, with advanced built-in image stabilisation you’ll get flawless, pro-grade results time and again. Add integrated Wi-Fi with NFC pairing to the mix, and you have a camera that’s as connected as it is versatile.
The 18.2 Exmor R CMOS sensor - normally seen in bridge cameras - gives your exceptional results, even in low light. Add the integrated BIONZ processor to the mix and you get noise-free images in just about any conditions.
The 10x optical zoom will get you the most intimate shots with ease. Capture detailed portraits from across the room, snap wildlife or save those epic sporting moments from the sideline. You can even double this to 20x digitally, while keeping image quality top-notch.
Wi-Fi & NFC
With integrated Wi-Fi and NFC, the Sony W220 makes backing up and sharing your shots and videos simple. Along with NFC, getting started is as quick and easy as a touch.
Full HD video
1080p Full HD video capture lets you relive special days and one of a kind moments in superb detail.
On board retouch
Even the best pictures need a little help sometimes. In-camera retouching lets you erase those little imperfections without the hassle of transferring images to a computer.
The background defocus (or bokeh) effect creates beautiful contrasts between your subject and their surroundings.
- Accessories Included
- Rechargeable battery Pack NP-BN*17, AC Adaptor AC-UB10D, Micro USB cable, Wrist strap, Instruction manual, AC Power cord
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 210 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal;Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0);Micro HDMI, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Continuous Shooting Speed
- H52.4 x W92.3 x D21.6mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Face Detection
- File Formats
- JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture
- Lens Size
- 4.45 - 44.5 mm
- Lens Type
- Sony G 9 elements in 7 groups (including 4 aspheric elements)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- Memory Stick™ Duo;Memory Stick PRO Duo™;Memory Stick PRO Duo™(high speed);Memory Stick PRO HG Duo™;Memory Stick XC-HG Duo™;Memory Stick Micro;Memory Stick Micro (Mark2);SD Memory Card;SDHC Memory Card;SDXC Memory Card;microSD Memory Card;microSDHC Memory
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Self Timer
- Sensor Size
- 1/2.3 type (7.76mm)
- Sensor Type
- Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Program Auto, Movie Mode (Intelligent Auto/Scene Selection), Panarama, Scene Selection, Intelligent Auto, Superior Auto
- Shutter Speeds
- iAuto(4"1/6000)/ Program Auto(1"- 1/600)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread
- Type of Battery
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band))
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
262 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow