Sony HDR-MV1 HD 1080p Music Video Camcorder, 8.4MP, NFC, Wi-Fi, Stereo Microphones, 2.7" LCD
We like it because...
it picks up proper stereo audio that sounds great when you play it back later on. Ideal for gigs!
Capture the detail that other camcorders miss with Sony’s HDR-MV1 music video recorder. Like the name suggests, this little recorder is made to capture the full range of sound with its two directional microphones. It can handle anything from the loudest gigs to intimate sessions at home without audio clipping or distortion. It even performs well in low light, rendering everything in sharp, vibrant HD quality.
The HDR-MV1 is designed so its mics project out, instead of being embedded in the device. And with the two microphones crossed, they capture a wide range of sound from left, centre and right, resulting in a deep, realistic stereo.
Hate how that amazing song at that amazing gig sounds terrible when you record it on your smartphone? With the MV1 loud volumes are smoothed out to prevent clipping and distortion.
Highs & lows
It’s not all about volume. Wide frequency response is flat from bass to treble, to record everything from drums to violins as they should sound.
Record in Linear PCM or AAC formats and 48kHz/128kbps - perfect for uploading to video sites.
Wi-Fi & NFC
Just tap to transfer in your footage in moments with NFC. Wi-Fi capability means you’ll be posting your performance on your favourite social media sites before the venue has even closed.
Audio lip sync
Beat the editing suite blues. Audio lip syncing adjusts the sound to match the image when you play back on other devices.
Take care of your new camcorder with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Rechargeable battery pack, USB cable, PlayMemories Home
- Camera Type
- Wi-Fi, NFC, Memory Card Slot, HDMI Out (micro), Multi/Micro USB, Headphone Jack, Line Input (Analog Audio), Microphone Input
- H70.5 x W116.5 x D27mm
- 2.7" LCD
- File Formats
- MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Frames Per Second (FPS)
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Lens Information Lens type please see Buying Digital Camera guide for more information
- 18.2mm 120° Carl Zeiss Tessar Lens
- Manual White Balance
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or Higher)
- Minimum LUX Value
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Li-ion
- Shooting Modes
- Auto, Manual, Auto, Night Scene, Sunrise & Sunset, Fireworks, Landscape, Spotlight, Beach, Snow, Power Save, Face Detection (Auto/Child Priority/Adult Priority), Intelligent Auto (Backlight/Spotlight/Twilight/Low light), x.v.colour™, Airplane Mode
- Type of Battery
- NP-BX1 battery (supplied)
- Video Resolution
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
369 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Free Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow