Sony NEX-6L Compact System Camera with 16-50mm Lens, HD 1080p, 16.1MP, Wi-Fi, 3" LCD Screen, Black
Get the power of a DSLR in your pocket. The NEX-6 has a huge 16.1 megapixel sensor, as well as premium touches like an OLED viewfinder and professional controls. What’s more, with Wi-Fi you can connect to other devices like a smartphone or tablet, share pictures and even download apps from Sony’s new PlayMemories service.
- When it comes to picture quality, bigger really is better. The NEX-6 comes with a huge, DSLR-sized APS-C sensor. This captures more light and more of the image coming into the lens reaches the sensor. The result – beautifully lit, pro-quality 16.1 megapixel shots.
- With Wi-Fi built-in and DLNA certification, you can connect to devices like a smartphones and tablets. You can also upload photos to Facebook right from your camera. Plus, you can download apps like a remote control app that lets you shoot from your smartphone and see the picture.
- The NEX-6 comes packed with the features you’d expect from a high end camera. You’ll find an HD OLED Electronic viewfinder and a multi interface shoe for a flash or other accessories. There’s even an assignable function dial so you can snap to commonly used settings.
- Be sure to catch blink-and-you-miss them moments with new Hybrid Auto Focus technology to capture high-speed action. It locks into focus as fast as a DSLR and takes photos faster too, making it ideal for spontaneous shots.
- A rubberised front grip gives you total control of the camera for more even focus.
- A powerful BIONZ processor ensures clear, detailed, low-noise images and quick, responsive shooting.
- A DSLR style control dial lets you apply your own custom settings for shots that are all your own.
- Includes: lens cap, battery, adapter, strap, shoe cap, eyepiece cup, micro USB cable and CD-ROM.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 360 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- USB 2.0, HDMI mini
- H66.9 x W119.9 x D42.6mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- 16-50mm Lens
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Type
- Memory Stick PRO Duo/PRO-HG Duo, SD, SDHC/SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- 1x NP-FW50 lithium-ion battery and charger
- Screen size
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical) Information A 7 x zoom will get you closer to your subject than a 5 x zoom
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Wednesday (Trial in selected areas)