Sony SEL55F18Z Sonnar T 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens
Combining a versatile 55mm focal length with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture, this prime lens produces stunning portraits, nature studies and more. High performance ZEISS optics ensure outstanding resolution and contrast, while a dust and water resistant design gives you peace of mind when shooting outdoors.
9 blade aperture
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 9-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or ‘bokeh’.
To optimise performance, aspherical lens elements maintain high contrast (even with the aperture wide open) and minimise distortion and flatness of the image plane.
An internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.
Dust & moisture resistant
The sealed design makes this lens a reliable companion to street and journalistic photography.
- Angle of View Information The amount of the scene the lens can take in
- 29° (APS-C), 43° (35mm)
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- L71 x Dia.64mm
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- 82.5mm (35mm APS-C)
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Sony E
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- Model name / number
- Tripod Collar Information Sometimes called a lens collar, this accessory lets the lens be mounted on a tripod
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Monday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.