Sony SLT-A58K Digital SLT Camera with 18-55mm Zoom Lens, HD 1080p, 20.1MP, 3" Screen, OLED EVF with 8GB Card and Case
Professional shooting needn’t be complicated with the Sony SLT-A58. Explore the world of high-quality imaging, supple shooting responses and interchangeable lenses. Capture smooth, detail-packed videos in Full HD. Create exciting artistic effects and grab pro-style portraits. All in a light, compact camera that's easy to use and carry.
You’ll be fully equipped to capture the moment right out of the box with the included 18-55mm lens, 8GB memory card and handy carry case.
- Create images with impact with the 20.1MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor. With its wide sensitivity range, it picks up on every little detail, even in dim situations. Together with the BIONZ image processing engine, it ensures crisp, clear pictures every time.
- From fast-moving sports to fast-changing facial expressions, capture the moment with a continuous burst of images. A high-performance 15-point autofocus system (with 3 cross sensors) lets you shoot at a rapid 8 frames per second so you can follow the action as it happens.
- While some photographers have a natural eye for a shot, most of us could use a little help. Auto Object Framing automatically proposes a pro-style crop of your original picture. Whether you use the suggested version or your original is up to you.
- The high-contrast OLED Tru-Finder gives an accurate, real-time display of the shot you're about to take - right down to camera settings and exposure adjustments so you can compose with confidence.
- Capture smooth, detailed Full HD videos with continuous autofocus - even when you’re zooming in or out. And unlike a traditional DSLR, you can watch the story unfold on the OLED Tru-Finder as you film.
- Unlike a DSLR, Translucent Mirror technology means there’s no moving mirror so you can react quickly to get the shot you see.
- Face Detection recognises up to 8 faces in a scene, optimising exposure, white balance, flash and other settings for portraits.
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless.
Why not take a look at our range of additional lenses?
Note: Please check the compatibility of the lens with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 690 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- HDMI, USB
- Digital Bridge
- H95.5 x W128.6 x D77.7mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Image Stabilisation
- Internal Memory
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Yes - 8GB
- Memory Card Type
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo™, SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- NP-FM500H Li-ion battery
- Screen size
- 2.7" & OLED Viewfinder
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
259 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)