Sony Vaio Tap 11 Tablet, Stylus & Keyboard Cover, Intel Pentium, Windows 8, 11.6", 128GB, Wi-Fi, White
More than a PC, more than a tablet, the Vaio Tap 11 from Sony transcends computing devices to bring you the performance of a PC with the convenience of a thin and light tablet. Vaio Tap 11 comes with a magnetic keyboard cover and a digitiser stylus giving you a number of input options depending on what feels right for you. And with plenty of power inside, you’ll be able to do everything you’d normally do on a desktop PC.
Perfectly positioned for you
The Vaio Tap 11 has been designed to adapt for wherever you need to use it. Use it comfortably as a tablet on the sofa and navigate using the touch screen, or set it down on a desk and type with the wireless keyboard. Sony’s OmniBalance design utilises a multi positional kickstand to ensure the Tap 11 can be angled to face you. The keyboard can also connect to the tablet magnetically to recharge and act as a case to keep the screen safe when you travel.
Fourth generation Intel processor
Tap 11 is powered by an Intel Pentium processor and 4GB of RAM, delivering the performance of a PC in an incredibly thin and light package. Intel’s Pentium processors deliver great performance for everyday tasks, letting you communicate with friends and family, enjoy entertainment online and make the most of music and photos.
A notepad digitalised
Vaio Tap 11 includes a digitiser stylus to make taking notes, sketching ideas and annotating work just like using a pen and paper. The stylus can also be used as a navigation tool, thanks to its integrated buttons, which can act in a way similar to the buttons on a mouse.
A TV’s best friend
Sony has packed the Tap 11 with features to make it a fantastic TV viewing companion. The TV SideView app enables you to use your tablet as a second screen, providing you with a program guide, information hub, and letting you share opinions through one hub. You can also use the Vaio Remote Control app to manage your TV using the built in infrared transmitter.
Vibrant images and clear audio
Sony’s Full HD Triluminos Display for mobile with X-Reality technology delivers the same sharpness and clarity as you would enjoy on your high definition TV, with pure, bold and natural colours, for a fantastic viewing experience. Combined with ClearAudio+, which optimises the sound settings to present incredible clarity, the Tap 11 brings movies to life, in your hands.
More ways to connect
With more options to help you interact with other devices, the Tap 11 can communicate with a variety of devices. The NFC enabled trackpad will allow you to pair your tablet with another NFC device with just a tap, letting you stream music and videos or transfer files quickly and easily. You can also connect to other devices through Bluetooth or using the USB 3.0 port. A micro HDMI output will help you display your tablet’s screen on an HDTV, monitor or projector. Finally, built in Wi-Fi will enable you to connect to wireless networks for internet access.
VAIO Message Center
VAIO Movie Creator Album by Sony
VAIO Remote Control
VAIO Transfer Support
VAIO Control Center
NoteAnytime for VAIO
McAfee LiveSafe 30 Day Subscription.
This device can be upgraded to Windows 8.1 for free through the Windows Store.
- Accessories Included
- Digitizer Stylus, Keyboard Cover, AC adaptor
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 7 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H188 x W304.6 x D9.9 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Headphone socket
- Location Services
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD (up to 32GB)
- Model name / number
- Sony Vaio Tap 11 SVT1121B2EW.CEK
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 190 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 3.0, Micro HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Pentium 3560Y
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- Trilumionous Display for mobile touch screen
- Accelerometer, Compass
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Built in Stereo Speakers
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- HD Web Camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 8 megapixel camera
- 0.78kg (without keyboard)
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n
Click & collectFree from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
366 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow - postcode exclusions apply for Collect+ deliveries5000+ participating Collect+ shops
Standard delivery in 5 working days
Named or Saturday UK delivery
Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Free Standard delivery in 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow