SousVide SVS-09L Supreme Demi Water Oven
Product informationThe new compact SousVide Supreme Demi offers the same unparalleled cooking convenience of the original SousVide Supreme water oven but in a smaller appliance. Its size makes it a perfect fit for home kitchens, while still being roomy enough to hold 8-12 115g servings of food.
Pronounced ‘soo–veed’, sous vide means ‘under vacuum’. Vacuum-sealed food immersed in a water bath might bring to mind memories of boil in the bag fish, but prepare yourself for the most tender meat and flavourful vegetables you have ever tasted. The sous vide slow-cooking method has long been used by gourmet chefs worldwide to set the standard for fine dining. Now, thanks to the SousVide Supreme preparing gourmet quality meals is not only within reach, but also very easy.
Vacuum-sealed bags lock in flavour, ensuring every single morsel of flavour and colour, as well as every nutrient, is preserved; this results in dishes of incomparable taste and texture. The precise temperature control and slow-cooking times consistently produce perfect meals—steak cooked medium-rare edge-to-edge; vibrant vegetables; tender, juicy chicken breasts; and ribs with meat falling off the bone. It even saves money, easing the strain on tight budgets by making tough cuts, such as flank steak or brisket, as tender as filet mignon for a fraction of the cost.
What’s exciting about the sous vide method is that it is not simply another way of doing the same thing: on the contrary, it is a new and unique way of cooking that yields different and better results. Foods cooked sous vide develop flavours and textures that simply cannot be duplicated using any other cooking method—not by braising, roasting, sautéing, deep frying, broiling, grilling, or poaching.
Advantages of cooking sous vide:
- Time-saving: simply set and walk away
- Foolproof: never overcook again - enjoy perfect results, every time.
- Gourmet taste: capture the true flavour of foods
- Added nutritional value: vacuum seal bag retains natural juices and nutrients
- Easy maintenance: recycle vacuum bags and simply wipe down the SousVide Supreme
- Energy-efficient: uses energy equivalent of a 60 watt light-bulb
- Saves money: makes inexpensive cuts of meat as deliciously tender as more costly ones
The sous vide technique offers the opportunity to not just modify old recipes, but to create entirely new culinary delights. The four simple steps of sous vide cooking - season, seal, simmer and serve - require little hands-on time to dial in perfect results every time.
- Season – because the sous vide technique locks in the flavour, the food cooks in its own juices, intensifying its natural flavours. This means that you can season with a lighter hand or in many cases, after the fact
- Seal – vacuum/seal the food in air tight cooking pouches
- Simmer – drop the pouches into the precisely controlled water bath
- Serve – many foods, such as vegetables, fruits, and one-dish meals are delicious straight from the pouch. Proteins (meat, poultry, fish) are also delicious out of the pouch as well, but also benefit from a quick sear in a hot skillet, under the broiler, on the grill, or with a kitchen torch to impart the beautiful golden colour and savoury caramelized flavour to these foods
Please note: vacuum bags and sealer available separately.
- 8.7L / 12 x 115g portions of food
- H28.7 x W28 x D31.75cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Model name / number
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
308 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow