SousVide SVS-10LS Supreme Water Oven
Product informationThe SousVide Supreme is the first water oven, and is designed with a sleek, compact countertop design and a one-touch precision control panel. Its size - about as big as a bread maker - makes it a perfect fit in home kitchens, while it is still roomy enough to hold up to 20 115g servings of food.
Pronounced ‘soo–veed’, sous vide means ‘under vacuum’. Vacuum-sealed food immersed in a water bath might bring to mind memories of boil in the bag fish, but prepare yourself for the most tender meat and flavourful vegetables you have ever tasted. The sous vide slow-cooking method has long been used by gourmet chefs worldwide to set the standard for fine dining. Now, thanks to the SousVide Supreme preparing gourmet quality meals is not only within reach, but also very easy.
Vacuum-sealed bags lock in flavour, ensuring every single morsel of flavour and colour, as well as every nutrient, is preserved; this results in dishes of incomparable taste and texture. The precise temperature control and slow-cooking times consistently produce perfect meals—steak cooked medium-rare edge-to-edge; vibrant vegetables; tender, juicy chicken breasts; and ribs with meat falling off the bone. It even saves money, easing the strain on tight budgets by making tough cuts, such as flank steak or brisket, as tender as filet mignon for a fraction of the cost.
The sous vide slow-cooking method has long been used by gourmet chefs worldwide to set the standard for fine dining. Now, thanks to the SousVide Supreme preparing gourmet quality meals is easy.
Producing food perfectly for dozens or even hundreds of guests night after night in a restaurant can present a challenge. Great chefs soon realized that the sous vide technique offered the precision and reliability to produce perfectly cooked dishes every time.
What’s exciting about the sous vide method is that it is not simply another way of doing the same thing: on the contrary, it is a new and unique way of cooking that yields different and better results. Foods cooked sous vide develop flavours and textures that simply cannot be duplicated using any other cooking method—not by braising, roasting, sautéing, deep frying, broiling, grilling, or poaching.
Advantages of cooking sous vide:
- Time-saving: simply set and walk away
- Foolproof: never overcook again - enjoy perfect results, every time.
- Gourmet taste: capture the true flavour of foods
- Added nutritional value: vacuum seal bag retains natural juices and nutrients
- Easy maintenance: recycle vacuum bags and simply wipe down the SousVide Supreme
- Energy-efficient: uses energy equivalent of a 60 watt light-bulb
- Saves money: makes inexpensive cuts of meat as deliciously tender as more costly ones
The sous vide technique offers the opportunity to not just modify old recipes, but to create entirely new culinary delights. The four simple steps of sous vide cooking - season, seal, simmer and serve - require little hands-on time to dial in perfect results every time.
- Season – because the sous vide technique locks in the flavour, the food cooks in its own juices, intensifying its natural flavours. This means that you can season with a lighter hand or in many cases, after the fact
- Seal – vacuum/seal the food in air tight cooking pouches
- Simmer – drop the pouches into the precisely controlled water bath
- Serve – many foods, such as vegetables, fruits, and one-dish meals are delicious straight from the pouch. Proteins (meat, poultry, fish) are also delicious out of the pouch as well, but also benefit from a quick sear in a hot skillet, under the broiler, on the grill, or with a kitchen torch to impart the beautiful golden colour and savoury caramelized flavour to these foods
Please note: vacuum sealer available separately.
- H29 x W29.2 x D36.1cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Model name / number
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection Sunday from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery in time for Christmas
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Find the cooker to enhance your kitchen confidence