Sticky & Sweet Chicken by Meyer
Tip: Children particularly like the sweet flavour and sticky texture of this chicken making this an ideal meal to serve to families and friends. The chicken is also delicious served with couscous or rice or mashed potato.
Ingredients:4 chicken breast fillets
For the marinade:- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Small piece of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g noodles
- 200 g green beans, trimmed and each bean cut into three short pieces or small broccoli florets
- Large handful fresh coriander – chopped
Instructions:1) Cut the chicken into thin strips. Put the marinade ingredients into a bowl and add the chicken. Leave for 10-15 minutes. Best not to leave the chicken for much longer as it will start to cook in the marinade.
2) Heat the oil in the pan, add some of the chicken without the marinade and fry for a few minutes, turning to cook the meat all over. It should start to go slightly golden. Put the chicken onto a plate and cook the rest of the chicken like this. Then put all of the chicken back into the pan.
3) Add the marinade and lower the heat to simmer gently until the sauce has reduced.
4) Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles following the pack instructions. A few minutes before the noodles are cooked add the green beans. Drain.
5) Add the noodles and green beans to the chicken and toss everything together. Scatter over the fresh coriander and serve.
£3.00 Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Click & collect
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
International delivery available:
From £7.50 Europe (EU)