Asus Transformer Book Trio TX201LA Convertible Android Tablet & Windows 8 Laptop & Desktop Base, Dual Intel Core i5 & Atom Processors, 11.6"
Asus' Transformer Book Trio TX201LA will change the way you think about computing. This unique 3-in-1 machine can function as a tablet, laptop or even a desktop PC. This device is packed full of advanced technology from the likes of Intel to deliver the ultimate mobile experience.
A convertible Android tablet & laptop
Like Asus' other Transformer models, the Transformer Book Trio TX201LA features a keyboard dock with a removable tablet, so it can function as either, depending on your needs. The tablet is powered by an Intel Atom processor and 2GB of RAM and runs Google's Android operating system, with access to all of the features you've come to expect from the platform, such as Google Play.
A Windows laptop & desktop
When the tablet is secured to the dock, pressing the Windows key will transform your device from Android laptop to Windows laptop. The keyboard base features the technology you're used to finding in a laptop computer, including an Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive. You can access all of your favourite Windows 8 programs, with enough processing power to perform more intensive tasks, such as video editing. If you want to share the experience with others, or just need a larger screen, you can remove the tablet and connect the base to a TV, projector or monitor, as a desktop PC.
An Android tablet & Windows desktop at the same time
With the base in desktop mode and connected to an external display, you can use the Android tablet independently, making it great for families who need to use multiple device at the same. Plug the base into a monitor while your kids play games on the tablet.
And everything else
The Transformer Book Trio TX201LA features a Full HD screen for detailed visuals, whether as an Android tablet, laptop or Windows laptop. Bang & Olufsen ICEpower delivers well defined audio, making this device great for music and movies. Both tablet and base feature a variety of ports, while the tablet includes both front and rear facing cameras, so you can make video calls and take photos with the same device.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 15 hours from tablet and base combined
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H32.6 (Total) x W302.9 x D193.7 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 500GB (Base) + 16GB (Tablet)
- Headphone socket
- Chicklet keyboard dock
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory (RAM) Information Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask.
- 2GB (Tablet) + 4GB (Base)
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD (up to 32GB)
- Model name / number
- Transformer Book Trio TX201LA
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android & Windows 8
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI)
- 155.16 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Tablet: 1x micro USB. Base: 2x USB 3.0, Base: 1x mini HDMI, 1x mini VGA.
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Tablet: Dual-core Intel Atom Z2560. Base: Dual-core Intel Core i5-4200U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Tablet: 1.6GHz. Base: 1.6 to 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- IPS with multi-touch
- Bang & Olufsen ICEpower Audio
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p HD camera
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus & 1080p video recording
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Sunday from 2pm
309 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Sunday from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Monday