Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
The Singer 8280 is a simple, robust and reliable mechanical machine with a large stitch selection dial and 7 useful stitches. It’s suitable for sewing light to medium fabrics.
A simple reverse lever lets you sew backwards without having to turn your fabric; the twin needle function adds a decorative element to your stitching; and with a 4-step buttonhole and adjustable stitch length and width, this is an excellent machine for both beginners and more experienced sewers.
Other features on the 8280 include: stitch length adjustment to 4.2mm; stitch width adjustment dial to 5.0mm; built-in accessory storage; snap-on pressure feet; free arm; full accessory pack.
Full accessories include: All purpose foot; Zipper foot; Buttonhole foot; Button sewing foot; Screwdriver; Seam ripper/brush; Pack of needles; Bobbins; Edge/quilting guide; Darning plate; Spool holder
- Alphabet styles Information Easy way to sew letters
- Auto thread tension Information Ensures stable stitch quality
- Buttonholes Information The fewer steps, the easier and faster the process
- Buttonhole styles Information Gives flexibility when sewing different garments
- Buttonhole type Information The fewer steps, the easier and faster the process
- H31 x W19 x D38cm
- Electronic foot speed control Information Gives greater control, even at slow speeds
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Embroidery options
- Hook movement Information Oscillating is a half-circle movement of the bobbin; rotary moves full-circle, reducing thread jams
- Integrated drop feed Information Feed teeth drop down so fabric has free movement. Useful when quilting or embroidering
- Integrated dual feed Information Provides equal feeding of top and bottom layers of fabric. Useful when quilting
- Integrated needle threader Information Makes it easy to thread the needle
- Knee lifter Information Lets you lift the presser foot when using both hands to control the fabric
- Manufacturer's Guarantee
- 2 years
- Max speed limiter Information Controls maximum speed of machine, irrespective of how hard the foot control is depressed
- Model name / number
- Needle up/down function Information Lets you to programme the needle so it always finishes in the down or up position. Useful when pivoting on corners
- Reverse button Information Sews in reverse to reinforce the stitch
- Sewing Machine Type
- Sewing speed Information Measured in stiches per minute
- 750 rpm
- Stitch options Information The more stitch options, the more designs you can use
- Stop/Start button Information Lets machine be used without the foot control
- Suitable for fabrics
- All, including stretch and denim
- Suitable for user
- All, including professional use
- Thread cutter Information Neatly cuts the thread after sewing
- Tutorial DVD
- View-through bobbin cover Information Shows you when your bobbin is low on thread
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Width adjustment Information Lets you adjust the stitch setting manually
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection Friday from 2pm
259 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Find the machine that's right for what you need
Find the right machine for your sewing tasks
Just like baking, it seems that sewing has captured the national imagination and with good reason. If you're a complete beginner, this guide will get you started.