Canon PowerShot G1 X Digital Camera, HD 1080p, 14.3MP, 4x Optical Zoom, 3" LCD Screen, Black
Product informationThe Canon PowerShot G1 X combines a large 14.3 MP Canon CMOS sensor, DIGIC 5 processor and an exceptional 4x zoom lens which gives you SLR-levels of control and image quality in a compact camera body.
- The large CMOS sensor at 18.7 x 14.0 mm (4:3) has a similar height to a Canon DSLR APS-C sensor. When combined with the DIGIC 5 image processor it produces stunning DSLR-like image quality with high ISO up to 12800 for exceptional images even in the darkest of conditions. The large sensor also allows photographers to shoot with greater control over depth of field.
- The compact 28mm wide-angle 4x optical zoom lens uses Canon’s precision technology and advanced lens expertise for sharp, high-resolution images. The Intelligent IS system selects the optimum optical Image Stabilizer mode from 7 options to reduce camera shake and blur.
- A 920k dot PureColor II VA 3-inch LCD gives a clear and detailed view of the subject and allows comfortable shooting from a range of angles.
- Take control with the dedicated exposure compensation dial, or the front and rear control dials that can be used to adjust shooting settings such as aperture, shutter speed, and white balance.
- Use the dedicated movie record button to capture superb, Full HD 1080p movies at 24fps with optical zoom and stereo sound. You’ll also enjoy high quality playback on an HDTV via the HDMI port.
- Smart Auto automatically selects camera settings from 32 scenes for optimum results. Multi-area White Balance compensates for multiple light sources in the same scene for natural images.
- High Dynamic Range mode takes multiple exposures of a scene, combining them in-camera to deliver rich detail in shadow and highlight areas. The built-in 3-stop ND filter lets you use longer shutter speeds or wider apertures in bright light.
- Audio Capability
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 250 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Connection Type
- USB 2.0
- H80.5 x W116.7 x D64.7mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash modes
- HD Video
- Image Stabilisation
- Lens Information Lens type please see Buying Digital Camera guide for more information
- 15.1 - 60.4 mm (35 mm equivalent: 28 – 112 mm)
- Maximum ISO Information International Standards Organisation, is used to measure a cameras sensitivity to light; higher being more sensitive.
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory card slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- G1 X
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery NB-10L
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Shooting Modes Information Special settings for particular shooting scenarios e.g Portrait, Night Portrait, Landscape etc.
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video capability Information Record moving images
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.
Free Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops from 2pm tomorrow
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow (Trial in selected areas)