Apple iPod nano, 16GB, Space Grey
Product informationThe new iPod nano is back to its original shape and is the thinnest iPod ever made at just 5.4mm thin. It is available in a variety of bright colours to suit your preference.
- The 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display is nearly twice as big as the display on the previous iPod nano, so you can see more of the music, photos and videos you love. Buttons let you quickly play, pause, change songs or adjust the volume. The smooth new anodised aluminium design makes iPod nano feel as good as it sounds.
- Tap to play your favourite songs. Or entire albums. Or everything by one artist. You can even browse by genres or composers. Flip through your music: album art looks great on the bigger screen. Or to keep things fresh, give iPod nano a shake and it shuffles to a different song in your music library.
- If you’re listening to a song you love and you want to stay in the mood. Just tap Genius. It finds other songs on iPod nano that go great together and makes a Genius playlist for you.
- Now you can watch episodes of your favourite TV programmes, Hollywood blockbusters, free video podcasts and home videos on your iPod nano. View them on the widescreen 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display. Tap to play, fast-forward, rewind and pause. With iPod nano, you can have a little entertainment whenever and wherever you want.
- Your music experience gets even better now that iPod nano has Bluetooth 4.0 built in. Pairing iPod nano with Bluetooth-enabled headphones and supported speakers is a cinch. If your car’s sound system is Bluetooth enabled, when you sit down in the driver’s seat, your iPod nano is ready to pick up where you left off without missing a beat.
- FM radio keeps you up with what’s going on out there, from the match, the top news stories, your favourite talk shows or whatever you love listening to. Just plug in your headphones and tap to see the controls. With Live Pause, you won’t miss a minute. Just tap to pause the song or programme, then tap again to continue. You can even rewind as far back as 15 minutes.
- All-new headphones, called EarPods. The Re-designed Apple EarPods were tested on over 600 people to create the new shape. Unlike traditional circular earbuds, the design of the Apple EarPods is based on the geometry of the ear, making them more comfortable and stable during wear. They look unlike anything you’ve ever seen. They sound unlike any earbuds you’ve ever heard.
- A big new change is the Lightning to USB cable (included). For charging and connecting to your PC the new connection is smaller and smarter. With an adapter (sold separately) it will work with existing Apple products.
- iPod nano comes with accessibility features that help people with disabilities enjoy music, audiobooks and more.
Mac requirements: Mac computer with USB 2 or 3 port, OS X v10.7.5 or later and iTunes 12.2 or later.
PC requirements: PC with USB 2 port, Windows 7 or later and iTunes 12.2 or later.
- Accessories Included
- Apple EarPods, Lightning to USB Cable, Quick Start Guide
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 30 hours audio or 3.5 hours video
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- H76.5 x W39.6 x D5.4 mm
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 202 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Lightning, 3.5mm Audio
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 240 x 432 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- Widescreen Multi-Touch display
- Touch Screen
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless networking
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Find out how to get up and running with an MP3/media player