Nikon D3300 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm AF-P Lens, HD 1080p, 24.2MP, 3" Screen
1 bundle available - Save up to £31.98
A brilliant way to shoot unforgettable high-definition photos and movies, this small and lightweight 24.2-megapixel D-SLR is powerful, comfortable to carry around, and incredibly simple to operate. The large image sensor captures the finest details and superior low-light performance frees you to shoot crystal-clear images in low light.
24.2MP CMOS sensor
Specifically designed without an optical low-pass filter (OLPF), the D3300’s image sensor makes the most of its 24.2-megapixel resolution to sharply capture even the finest textures and render images with incredibly crisp detail.
Full HD video
Use the camera’s D-Movie function to make movies you’ll be proud of. You can record sharp Full HD (1080p) video clips in any light at frame rates up to 50p/60p with continuous autofocus, meaning you get smooth recordings of even fast-moving action, plus a remarkable level of sharpness and clarity.
LCD screen & optical viewfinder
As easy to shoot with as a compact camera or smartphone by using the large 3-inch LCD monitor to capture photos and movies. For perfectly framed portraits and long shots, there’s the optical viewfinder.
An 11-point autofocus system with a cross-type sensor in the centre will quickly lock onto your subject and keep it in sharp focus whether it’s off-centre, moving fast, or it’s completely unpredictable.
With 13 different effects like panorama and colour pop to choose from, the D3300 makes it easy to add a touch of artistry to your photos and movies. Simply select Effects Mode and choose the option you want to apply before shooting.
Access D-Movie and Live View via dedicated one-touch buttons. Use the i button on the back of the camera to bypass the camera’s main menu and quickly change settings while you shoot. When shooting with the viewfinder, you can choose between a classic interface and a graphic interface that animates settings, so it’s easier to see what you’re doing.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- EN-EL14a rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover), MH-24 battery charger, DK-25 rubber eyecup, BF-1B body cap, AN-DC3 strap, UC-E17 USB cable, EG-CP14 audio/video cable, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM, lens
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 700 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB, HDMI mini, accessory terminal, audio-in
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H98 x W124 x D75.5mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- NEF (RAW), FINE, NORMAL, JPEG + BASIC
- GPS Information Allows your camera to detect and record where a picture is taken
- Via optional adapter
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Instant return, electronically controlled
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 23.5 x 15.6mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Auto modes (auto; auto, flash off); programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M); scene modes (portrait; landscape; child; sports; close up; night portrait); special effects modes (night vis
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- /4000 - 30 s in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb; Time
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Type of Battery
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Tuesday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.