Sonos Playbar Home Cinema Sound Bar
Bring Sonos quality sound to your games, movies and TV programmes with the Sonos Playbar sound bar. Immersive nine speaker design teases exceptional levels of detail from soundtracks and music. It’s also ready to go with dual band N Wi-Fi, that guarantees simple, interference free wireless audio playback throughout the home.
More to listen to
Ready to drop into your existing Sonos wireless music setup. Get wireless, Hi-Fi sound in every room by streaming your iTunes library, your favourite music services like Spotify and Napster, and more than 100,000 free Internet radio stations, podcasts and shows from across the globe.
Set up is as hassle-free as you’d expect from Sonos. It connects to your TV using a single optical cable (included), and interacts with other Sonos gear too. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started.
Built-in dual band wireless N Wi-Fi cuts down on passive interference and delivers a high bandwidth connection that can handle even lossless audio effortlessly.
Take full control of your media with the SONOS Controller app. Available to download for free, it gives you the freedom to adjust volume, switch settings and more.*
Whether it's placed on a flat surface or wall-mounted (mount available separately at extra cost), the Playbar detects its position and adapts its output for consistent Sonos quality in any situation.
Amazing as a standalone sound bar, you can enhance the experience even more by adding a Sonos SUB or rear speakers to the mix.
Apple Music And Other Services Available On Sonos
Add your existing music streaming service or discover something new. Whether curated or on-demand, free or subscription-based, Sonos has you covered with access to a growing list of over 30 music services. For example, you can enjoy Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, Google Play Music or many more paid services or Soundcloud, TuneIn Radio or 22Tracks free services.
If you want to connect the soundbar to the television, then you'll need an optical cable.
View our collection of cables & connections
*Please note that you must download this app to set the sound bar up
- Accessories Included
- Optical cable and Ethernet cable.
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Nicam Stereo
- Dimensions (System)
- Packaged: H26.7 x W112.1 x D21.2cm. Unpackaged: H8.5 x W90 x D14cm
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Plays Formats Information Type of disc or file that can be played back on this machine
- MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA, AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless and Flac music files.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1 x Optical Input, 1 x Ethernet Port
- Radio tuner
- Internet only
- Speaker system
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
This California-based company has spent most of its near 15-year history selling high-end speakers to studio professionals and cash-rich audiophiles. Their flair for sublime sound engineering led them to break the mainstream market in 2013, with their wireless Multiroom range.
Cracking a balance of simplicity, stunning sound and game-changing tech, Sonos has since become a key player in the home audio market. They’ve adapted their studio-quality pedigree into an affordable range, that delivers house-filling sound for more casual listeners. Supplemented by a slick app, Sonos is one of the market-leaders in Multiroom technology.
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.